Samsung S7 video quality issues - Fuzzy or Blurry look

corporatei

Feb 26, 2017
Visit site
I have an answer to the problem of the Samsung S7 video quality issue.

The video will look fuzzy or blurry sometimes in low light conditions.

This is because the video's shutter speed is too low. In AUTO mode, the phone automatically selects its shutter speed. Sometimes it may select the shutter speed below 1/125 which creates blur effects.

When the shutter speed is set below 1/125 (ie: 1/30, 1/60, 1/90), there will be the blur or fuzzy effect. Same with the SLR concept, this is because lower shutter speeds give blur motion effect while higher shutter speeds give sharper video and photos.

To counteract this measure, simply go to PRO mode, and set the shutter speed manually no lower than 1/125 and manually set the ISO for now, and then take the video. Then the results will be much clearer.

I also hope that Samsung's future firmware updates will allow AUTO ISO while manually set the shutter speed in PRO mode.

I have already emailed Samsung about this issue, and hope they can take in my suggestions.

TheMurm1

Aug 5, 2018
Visit site
Hi seems we all have the same issue. What I'm not seeing on the galaxy s7 is that for me anyway is a brand NEW issue! Could it have been an update causing this? I have NEVER had this problem before! I have always gotten compliments on its clarity! Been checking settings but have now found the cause yet!