Samsung S9 charge port defective

davidclaywood

May 1, 2018
Visit site
I just bought a new Samsung S9 for over $800.00. Seemed to work just fine but the charge receptacle on the phone was really loose and only charged intermittently. I took it in to Best Buy, their warranty is only 14 days! I have had the phone 28 days before it will not charge at all through the charge cord. I did by a wireless charger that seems to work just fine. I want a phone I can charge via the cable, the port on the phone is defective from day one. Called Samsung and they said I must drive 60 miles to a Samsung authorized repair shop to get the phone fixed or mail it in. They will not do like most reputable manufacturers do, send me a new phone so I can return the defective one in the same packaging. Very disappointed in Samsungs service. I will post tomorrow to explain how the service center does.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
They will not do like most reputable manufacturers do, send me a new phone so I can return the defective one in the same packaging.

To be fair, I've yet to see any of the major manufacturers offer this kind of service. It's carriers that typically send you the replacement first, so did you try going that route?

As for the 14 day Best Buy "warranty," that's their exchange period to let you try a device and decide if you really want it. A trial period, if you will. Most carrier stores do this as well, and it isn't a warranty per se.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
That 14 days is the return policy. Most retail places have a similar timeframe for anything that stores data. PCs, game consoles, etc.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Not to be redundant but, (unless I'm mistaken) by law, Samsung's warranty is 1 year. I would recommend filing a warranty claim with them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC