Samsung Spen/digitizer EMR safety question

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I want to ask how safe is the EMR technology of the digitizer used for the Spen.

How much EMF does it make?

Does wifi or the digitizer produce more EMF?

How much power does it use?

It doesn't seem too safe to have a wireless charger sending power (enough strong to power the spen) at your face.

In some discussion posts of similar Wacom EMR products there are users claiming it produces a lot of EMF

To be clear im not extremely anti emf im just asking as it's recommend to be a few feet/meters away from a wireless charger when charging and this seems similar. But maybe im wrong so that's why im asking this question.

Maybe someone can measure it using a professional EMF measuring tool. Or just say your opinion. But don't be toxic.

Thanks

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
OK, I'm going to do my best to be civil lol.

There is no danger or concern to be had from the S-Pen. Even if you believe that EMF is a actual concern to human health, the digitizer for the S-Pen is not constantly transmiting electromagnetic waves like WiFi... It simply induces a tiny amount of current in the pen's circuitry. Even the pen itself, a device specifically made to be sensitive to this induction, will only work about a centimetre from the display.

I wil say if this is something that concerns you, you should not own a cellphone It is an object that is literally made of radio transceivers lol.And the display puts out a hell of a lot of electromagnetic radiation in the form of visible light.

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
I put my router in one of these. For some reason my WiFi sucks all the sudden
0a67199ce9dde13e3881a975d7a82bfd.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
wherever there is someone with an irrational fear about their health or safety, there will be people willing to profit from that fear. I presume the intention is to place these over the device at night to limit your exposure... although I don't know why you wouldn't just turn it off lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muejnkfabet