Question Samsung Ultra 21

kevinoffsite

Aug 20, 2023
Visit site
I woke up this morning and my ultra 21 home screen had 4 apps, would not swipe left or right, it is as if One UI disappeared. I had to download Nova lanucher to make the phone usable. I have no idea what happened, I tried clearing the cache partition and that did not work. I am stumped. Any help would be great. FYI there is not themes in settings and no ONE UI Home. Updates are not available saying "service unavailable, having trouble authenticating your device"

kevinoffsite

Aug 20, 2023
Visit site
Had you installed any third party APKs or anything that needs enabling through ADB or Shizuku like _hex?

What were the 4 apps?
cant remember which apps. The home screen had an edit button that let me add or subtract apps so i put phone and messages. I havent installed anything. Bunch of stuff missing. No themes under settings. No One UI home. When i go to display it is in dark mode and light mode is greyed out

Last edited by a moderator:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm curious if a simple restart is in order? It's possible this is some kind of bug with an unknown cause.

General question: Can feedback be sent to Samsung about the launcher? The last Samsung device I had was the Note 5. If feedback can be sent, I would do that before a restart in case the feedback can have logs sent as well.

Reactions: J Dubbs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali