Screen brightness slider gone??

FlyGuy2480

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
I had the exact same problem on my Samsung Galaxy Note tablet running 4.4.2 KitKat. I woke up one morning to find the slider missing. The box was checked in the settings, the battery was 90+%, I rebooted it... I tried all the usual remedies, short of a full-blown factory reset.

I fixed the problem by installing the app called "Night Mode" (available in the Google Play store), and toggled the night mode on and back off. And voila! the brightness bar was back.

I hope this helps.

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I use an app that is a hidden overlay that is always above every app (even games, movies, YouTube, full screen apps, the lock screen, etc). You simply slide your finger over the "hot spot" to adjust brightness up/down. Very simple, one swipe, done. No menus, popups.

It's called Display Brightness.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...berbigpepper.DisplayBrightness&token=hVr_FKnP

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app

BlakeWordman

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
Everyone I messed with this for awhile and when I finally gave up and went to download a brightness app I figured it out, if you download "Free Brightness Slider" the app on the market it will do what the original slider did and turn the original one back on after you use the app one time, then delete the app and your original slider will stay as long as you have it checked in settings.

Sunie_Svofield

Sep 6, 2014
Visit site
Settings, Notification panal click to open on the top you should see Brightness Auto adjustment check the box that will enable slider in your notifications again

Matthew Dail

Sep 6, 2014
Visit site
If you have the app "Night Mode" run(start) it then turn it off(stop) . The slider should come back up. As long as you have it checked in settings.

Posted via Android Central App

+1. It's not just night mode. Any brightness adjustment app can do this. Just turn it on and off again and it comes back.

lterry913

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Some apps have brightness controls that over ride the brightness controls, like night clocks etc...if so using the apps listed previously in the threads will work...I especially like the display brightness app that overlays every screen.

grossdm

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
I had the exact same problem on my Samsung Galaxy Note tablet running 4.4.2 KitKat. I woke up one morning to find the slider missing. The box was checked in the settings, the battery was 90+%, I rebooted it... I tried all the usual remedies, short of a full-blown factory reset.

I fixed the problem by installing the app called "Night Mode" (available in the Google Play store), and toggled the night mode on and back off. And voila! the brightness bar was back.

I hope this helps.

This worked perfectly for me!
Thank you!

daniel vaswani

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
Before when I pulled down notification menu there was the slider to adjust the brightness.. I made no changes and it's gone now

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

if you had an app for night brightness or something of that sort you just have to turn on the night brightness and turn it off again
it happened to me too

Youre welcome

dra3b

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuy2480 View Post

I hope this helps.
=======================

This definitely solved it. THANKS A LOT

Soubhagya Khare

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
This happens because of the default power saving process in android. It is nothing to be worried about. However, if you want to bring back the slider. Just go to google play and download 'Night Mode' app. It is a small app with a size of 600kB. Toggle between night mode on and off...the slider should be back now..BTW I am using S4 and android kitkat. This should work just fine for all android phones. #peace

tobbbie4tobbbie

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
Thanks (done) to gkasznia - the Night Mode app did the job. I already had all XPosed stuff disabled but no way to get it back. I think the bad app which killed it was the "Deep Sleep Battery Saver" - but even after unistall it was not restored. It is linked to their notification panel entry I guess.
I had it happen on my Tab 3 8 LTE (SMT-315).

Jonnie Miller

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Mine just dissapeared magically as well. I'm not happy with this at all and none of the advice given helps. I'm not new to a note nor a samsung. Give me more to work with please! I'm going to Verizon and have a fit. Obviously samsung updated the system and forgot a tiny detail. I was stuck trying to get into settings with a dim screen the other day. I Uninstaller 360 which is a clean up tool. It had updated and taken over the controls of screen brightness. I then grabbed McAfee and it took over as well. Clicking the auto button in settings just turns it on.. McAfee turns it off when I do another clean up. Samsung has to fix this issue before I go insane and they have to hear all about it! There is no easy fix. Don't boot the phone don't take out the battery. I woke the other morning and my phone was off to. It was btw still charging and 100 percent. It decided to power on and off several times that day. I say samsung has updated on us. Sneaky assholes.

Nolan Chambers

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
Go to settings.....device....notification panel and once you open it at the top you will see Brightness adjustment...... that setting should be check marked in order for it to show under the notification menu.... Once there adjust your brightness.
My tablet has a crappie battery. I hate when my battery gets low and the screen goes to low brightness can some one fix it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vergoña69