Screen brightness slider gone??

leoavi94

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
If you have the app "Night Mode" run(start) it then turn it off(stop) . The slider should come back up. As long as you have it checked in settings.

Posted via Android Central App

Thanks buddy. It used to happen on my note 2 once in a blue moon and never thought this will correct it..lol!!

Any idea what app has to do with it ??

clumpymold

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
Everyone I messed with this for awhile and when I finally gave up and went to download a brightness app I figured it out, if you download "Free Brightness Slider" the app on the market it will do what the original slider did and turn the original one back on after you use the app one time, then delete the app and your original slider will stay as long as you have it checked in settings.

Thank you for this! I just did this and it worked! I can't post the link here (have less than 10 posts) but it was called "Brightness Slider Free".

I simply had to run the app then uninstall it. Then it worked! Notification brightness is back!

Oh, I'm running Android 4.4.2 on my Samsung Galaxy Note 2.

rwky

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
Happen to me on my S5 mini (4.4.2), tried reboot, on/off option, ultra power saving, nothing, the nightmode app did the job. ty ^_^

Trillo 333

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
I had the exact same problem on my Samsung Galaxy Note tablet running 4.4.2 KitKat. I woke up one morning to find the slider missing. The box was checked in the settings, the battery was 90+%, I rebooted it... I tried all the usual remedies, short of a full-blown factory reset.

I fixed the problem by installing the app called "Night Mode" (available in the Google Play store), and toggled the night mode on and back off. And voila! the brightness bar was back.

I hope this helps.

Woke up this morning with the same weird problem for no apparent reason. After reading through the while thread (and trying all the settings) I then download "Night Mode", toggled ITS settings, and -boom- right back to normal. THANKS!

Drdragon2000

Apr 7, 2016
Visit site
I had the exact same problem on my Samsung Galaxy Note tablet running 4.4.2 KitKat. I woke up one morning to find the slider missing. The box was checked in the settings, the battery was 90+%, I rebooted it... I tried all the usual remedies, short of a full-blown factory reset.

I fixed the problem by installing the app called "Night Mode" (available in the Google Play store), and toggled the night mode on and back off. And voila! the brightness bar was back.

I hope this helps.

Brenda Curtiss

May 20, 2016
Visit site
I figured it out for my phone! ..
I have a Samsung Galaxy Avant.
And my provider is T-mobile .
First, I dragged down the Notification bar. I am able to see my T-Mobile account on a small horizontal strip. I clicked on that . Next, I select MY DEVICE HEALTH. Then, I selected the tab that said what condition my device was in. After that , I clicked on brightness and selected AUTO.
That got my lost brightness slider back .!

sirchimpsalot

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
for me, it was the camera MX app... it puts the brightness all the way up when you open it. It had locked up on me the other day. I even cleared all my caches, and to no avail,.... I couldn't get the brightness controls back in the notification bar.

reopen the camera MX app and all will be well again!

Baha Gx

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site

I hope this helps.

Perfect man! Thanks a lot

braydonk

Sep 8, 2016
Visit site
Drag down from top of screen to bring up notifications
Top right next to settings cog.... tap that
Top right tap edit pencil symbol
Check brightness

jivejimmy

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I had this problem. Went to settings/sound and notifications and the slider was not there. Found it on Display (right below Sound and Notifications).

Onlynameleft

Jan 6, 2017
Visit site
Go to settings.....device....notification panel and once you open it at the top you will see Brightness adjustment...... that setting should be check marked in order for it to show under the notification menu.... Once there adjust your brightness.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Madxnoe

May 17, 2017
Visit site
Before when I pulled down notification menu there was the slider to adjust the brightness.. I made no changes and it's gone now

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

I FOUND A FIX!!
Slide the menu down from the top of your lovely phone and on the top right there will be a gear (settings) and a pencil, click that pencil and hallelujah sweet baby Jesus! Check the brightness box!
Hope this helps, i have a lg stylo 2. I also figured out the phone has a FLASHLIGHT ALREADY!! So i uninstalled my flashlight app.

Mad love,
Madxnoe

manishrana1900

Aug 22, 2017
Visit site
thanks man flyguy2480 i broke my brighness adjustment notification when phone had low battery and charging to full or restarting nothing helped...i would have wasted time imstalling rom again but your suggestion to install night mode app really helped...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred