screen/digitizer repair kits for my Galaxy S8 - advice please

ualdriver

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
Hello-

I have a S8 Edge (not the plus) that was dropped and the screen and digitizer were damaged. I think I'm going to try the repair myself as we don't have insurance on the phone. I need a little advice with the process, though.

https://www.digitalsupplyusa.com/pr...56a1jgdGItXQCDwzJqGT3mCVjVGhR-FxoC3NcQAvD_BwE

I found this kit on-line, but am not familiar with the company nor am I 100% sure that this is all I would need.

Is this kit above all I need to fix the screen and the digitizer and does anyone know if there is a reputable supplier on eBay, Amazon, or elsewhere where I can get what I need cheaper?

Thanks

ualdriver

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
First, if you've never replaced a cellphone screen, the S8 (it's not called edge) is not the first you should start with.
Second, you really should look here" https://www.ifixit.com/Device/Samsung_Galaxy_S8
You're going to have a difficult time removing the back glass to begin with.

Thanks. I realize it will be hard.

The iFixit website had parts that themselves cost more than just taking it to a local repair shop, so that probably wouldn't be an option for me.

thanks.

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I didn't provide the website for you to purchase parts. I never buy parts from them. I provided the website for your use in attempting the repair.

If you noticed, there is no tear down guide for replacing the glass/digitizer/frame combo, which is what you will need. That alone tells me to stay away from attempting the repair, and I have several years experience repairing phones.

Good luck with your decision.

ualdriver

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I didn't provide the website for you to purchase parts. I never buy parts from them. I provided the website for your use in attempting the repair.

If you noticed, there is no tear down guide for replacing the glass/digitizer/frame combo, which is what you will need. That alone tells me to stay away from attempting the repair, and I have several years experience repairing phones.

Good luck with your decision.

Wow. Didn't realize it was such a big deal. The stoner at the cell phone fix-it shop around the corner from my house does it for $250, and his hands look shaky : )

I'll probably try it anyway. If anyone else has any advice, I'm all ears.