Screen flickering?

onnad

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
For the past couple of days I started noticing flickering on Tab A 9.7" tablet. Not sure what happened, any ideas?

Edited to add, the battery is 93% and I notice the flickering on general screen and when on chrome. It doesn't appear when looking at videos (either sd memory or you tube) that I can see

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I remember my Galaxy S4 often did that. In my case it was a combination of having the screen brightness set to "Auto" reading mode turned on,and the display also set to "auto" (I forget what the actual setting is called, it's where it scans the screen and adjusts the colors and saturation to make it easier to see). Once I turned reading mode off and set the display to "professional photographer" (which looks best to my eyes) the flickering pretty much stopped... Hopefully this helps you somewhat!

onnad

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
I remember my Galaxy S4 often did that. In my case it was a combination of having the screen brightness set to "Auto" reading mode turned on,and the display also set to "auto" (I forget what the actual setting is called, it's where it scans the screen and adjusts the colors and saturation to make it easier to see). Once I turned reading mode off and set the display to "professional photographer" (which looks best to my eyes) the flickering pretty much stopped... Hopefully this helps you somewhat!

Thanks! It was set on adaptive mode and was roughly 45% for brightness. I usually don't have auto set for the brightness. Adjusting the brightness the flickering stopped. I did notice a little bit say about 10 min after doing this. I turned the device off for a bit and haven't seen it since.

OneHappyMomma

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
I'm glad I read your reply, apparently in my sleepy state recently, I managed to turn off my auto brightness option and this made my screen flicker like crazy. I turned it back on and the flickering is gone! I'm concerned about the underlying problem though, this is just a band-aid for the symptom.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eligri