Not open for further replies.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Whether it’s overhyped or not isn’t even the issue. Of course media overhypes everything. Most people complaining just don’t like the duller colors and don’t want to play lottery with burn in/image retention issues.

ScottsoNJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Dude I've owned every Google device since the Nexus One, so you might not want to go there because it will end badly for you. The 6P was a garbage device that was a mistake for Google. It was a ticking time bomb with subpar hardware because of Google choosing Huawei to make it, and as we saw, there were some major reliability issues. The Nexus 6 was a great device minus some screen wonkiness and that afforementioned terrible camera. Besides the 6P, I've loved every device Google has ever slapped it's logo on. I liked the 2XL too, but for the $1000 I was paying, burn in was too much of an issue. As I said in one of the prior threads, I will revisit the 2XL in a couple months when the issues are ironed out. So please, don't try and lecture me.

I wholeheartedly agree that the Nexus 6P was crap. Between the bending ( I was careful and didn't bend it ),bluetooth issues, battery issues and whatever else I can remember it definitely soured me on Huawei not so much Google though

AustinIllini

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
That post was doing well until it tries to dismiss the burn in as image retention. Some cases of it may be, but others are definitely burn in. The 2xl I had always showed the nav bar, regardless if it was just restarted or had been turned off, which points clearly to burn in.
Unless you're a screen expert, you are as credible as the reviewer.

You still have to open the nav bar to get to the grey screen to test for image retention

kolyan2k

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
How is the screen grain at minimal brightness and white background? I remember Galaxy Nexus and it was almost unusable due to grain

graylingboy

Sep 8, 2017
Visit site
Over hyped? Yes, but when combined with over priced, they do invite criticism some what. I still think the 2xl will be my next phone but £800 ??? My trouble is there is just no other phone that floats my boat at the moment.

Pixelfan56

Oct 13, 2017
Visit site
ive had the phone a day, i never notice hte blue screen unless I tilt the phone and look for it period

I do notice the muted colors though

either way the blue isnt a serious problem to me in anyway

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Unless you're a screen expert, you are as credible as the reviewer.

You still have to open the nav bar to get to the grey screen to test for image retention

No you don't. It's visible on the home screen and app drawer.

Also, questioning the credibility of reviewers simply because you disagree with them is asinine.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Over hyped? Yes, but when combined with over priced, they do invite criticism some what. I still think the 2xl will be my next phone but £800 ??? My trouble is there is just no other phone that floats my boat at the moment.

The criticism is fair IMO. I'm just surprised by how it triggers some people.

AustinIllini

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
No you don't. It's visible on the home screen and app drawer.

Also, questioning the credibility of reviewers simply because you disagree with them is asinine.

You have no credentials to diagnose other peoples' phone issues as "burn in". Also, you definition of asinine is, to put simply, asinine.

Status
Not open for further replies.