Screen Overlay

fredd17

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
So for the past week or two a few of the apps stopped working. Example: I press on Shazam to tag a song it will ask me to give it permission I check yes and I get "screen overlay open settings" when I go to permissions tap on Shazam and try to enable microphone it just goes back to "Screen Overlay" does anyone know how to fix this? I've tried on the watch settings, phone settings, android wear settings and gone into the apps themselves and looked for any type of permission I need to check but have not found it there either.

theonecid

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
So for the past week or two a few of the apps stopped working. Example: I press on Shazam to tag a song it will ask me to give it permission I check yes and I get "screen overlay open settings" when I go to permissions tap on Shazam and try to enable microphone it just goes back to "Screen Overlay" does anyone know how to fix this? I've tried on the watch settings, phone settings, android wear settings and gone into the apps themselves and looked for any type of permission I need to check but have not found it there either.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s7/727238-screen-overlay-message.html#post5439755

Do you have an app like Twilight installed? If so, you need to disable its screen overlay temporarily, then re-enable it after you've given the permissions to Shazam. Very annoying which is why I can't wait to have integrated blue light filter and get rid of such apps lol.

fredd17

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Not that I know of... All recent apps I either uninstalled or deleted... Last wear app I remember using was (forgot the name) but it was to help with the pixels. It turned the screen all kinds of colors. But I uninstalled a day after it was just monotonous!!! :/

Rama Fenton

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
This problem has nothing to do with any apps you may be using it is a wrong setting in your phone, follow this procedure and you will fix it.
1. Go to 'settings'.
2. Go to 'Display and Wallpaper'.
3. Select 'One handed operation'.
4. Turn off 'Side key panel'.

that should fix it.

fredd17

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
This problem has nothing to do with any apps you may be using it is a wrong setting in your phone, follow this procedure and you will fix it.
1. Go to 'settings'.
2. Go to 'Display and Wallpaper'.
3. Select 'One handed operation'.
4. Turn off 'Side key panel'.

that should fix it.

Hey there,

I've tried everything. Even got an upgrade last week on my watch. Thought that was going to do the trick but it's still the same. I'm to the point where I'm just waiting to get the Zenwatch 3.

fredd17

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
what does screen overlay look like?

Hey there Well I wish I could take a picture of it but I sent it to LG for repair it started having other issues battery wise. But to answer your question for example I tap on shazam to tag a song and all I get is a whit card with "screen overlay" and then prompted to give the watch permission but when I tried to give it the permission it took me back to "Screen Overlay"

I have actually purchased the Huawei smartwatch in black stainless and waiting for it to arrive next week. Going to give the G Watch R to my brother in law when I get it back from LG.

xXxTARTxXx

Jan 11, 2017
Visit site

Hi, If you are using facebook messenger just turn off the chat head and if you have musixmatch app just uninstall it.

GoodLuck! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sirius_A