Screen polarization

mzman

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I've seen tons of talk about the Pixel 2 XL screen. It's taking over all the search results, so I can't find an answer to my question, which is quite simple!

Which way is the smaller, non-XL screen polarized? If I wear polarized sunglasses, will I have trouble with seeing the screen in portrait or landscape orientation?

Thanks.

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I don't know for sure, but my assumption is that it's diagonal- that's how every other phone I've used has been.

mzman

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know? I suspect it's not diagonal. Pixel 2 is made by HTC. I have two HTC phones. One is horizontally polarized and the other vertically.

Iceman0803

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I've seen tons of talk about the Pixel 2 XL screen. It's taking over all the search results, so I can't find an answer to my question, which is quite simple!

Which way is the smaller, non-XL screen polarized? If I wear polarized sunglasses, will I have trouble with seeing the screen in portrait or landscape orientation?

Thanks.

"Aside from burn-in, the next major complaint with the Pixel 2 XL's display has been that colors shift towards the blue end of the spectrum when the device is viewed at off-angles. We've long suspected this, but it's now all but confirmed that the issue stems from Google's puzzling decision to use a circular polarizing filter on their flagship to prevent issues when viewing the screen with polarized sunglasses."

https://android.gadgethacks.com/new...rom-pixel-2-xl-poled-display-debacle-0180790/

Excerpt from the article linked above. Apparently the screen uses a circular polarizer which, may apparently also be the reason for the blue shift.

May 3, 2015
Visit site

Thanks.

Circular. So it doesn't matter how you hold it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rambo4id