Screen Protector for Droid Maxx

::Montgomery::

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
I love my anti glare protector. The screen smudges are few and far between compared to naked. Also if you use an otterbox defender case, with a naked display, you're just asking for trouble. One little piece of something and it can get ugly.

Sent from my XT1080m using Tapatalk

I am a massive fan of the anti-glare screen protectors as well. Much rather have this on than naked. Just my opinion...

Droid_Thief

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Anyone got Input on the XtremeGuard Screen Protector? they've got a sale going on right now and I wanna get it for the Newest Droid Maxx but not sure. Don't wanna have issues with the proximity sensor. ._.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm using this.... http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FAC57EM...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3174721

Easy to apply and screen looks great with no bubbles. Had it for several weeks and no complaints.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I am glad I didn't put these on yet because my phone has to be replaced. However, I have a pack of these waiting but I did use these same protectors on my Note II. Easily the best protectors I've ever used and so easy to apply. If I could do a Note II and its giant screen without issue I can do this.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk Pro

raichur0xx0rz

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
ok so scratches doesn't void the one year warranty right? the reasons i don't want to get a screen protector are because it makes finger swiping feel different and i've heard problems where it interferes with the sensor. makes the screen feel sticky plus if it's not put on relatively even on all sides it bothers me because i have this thing about being even. >_<

the reason i want to get one is because i don't want scratches. it seems people are getting them with this screen even though i never got one with my razr maxx. i just figured screens have improved to the point of no scratches so i haven't seen one in any of my last 3 smartphones (htc incredible, galaxy nexus, razr maxx), all of which never had a screen protector and have fallen on the ground face down. i had a screen protector on my original droid and it felt tacky at times and eventually the sides started peeling. i eventually took it off and never got a scratch on it.

- No, scratching the screen won't void your warranty. At least, to a certain extent. I guess they could say that numerous scratches constitutes as abuse.

- I feel as if glass has actually degraded over the years... the original iPod touch's screen was impervious to scratches, for some reason. You could always find it online and everyone would say "back is scratched, but screen is perfect". Since then, though, glass seems to always be prone to scratches.

- Just have someone install it who knows how to install it, and you won't have an issue. Yes, there will probably be cutouts for the sensors and possibly the camera, so it won't be a completely flat screen. Depending on which kind you get, the texture of the screen should not feel too different (but that will vary person to person). I'm using the Verizon protectors, and I don't think they're that good compared to better brands, but it's manageable and haven't had issues with it.

Stickchick11

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
The Halo screen protectors i bought for my boyfriend work really well. He is a phone killer, and i feel like Halo stands up to his abuse. I would recommend them to anyone who needs a good, sturdy screen protector.

jrabin

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
I had a Droid X for 3-1/2 years, and didn't have any scratches. I've had the Droid Maxx for 3 months and a lot of scratches are no appearing. The quality of the glass is definitely inferior on the Droid Maxx. I'm going to now buy one of those screen protectors, but I'm disappointed that I have to do this.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I had a Droid X for 3-1/2 years, and didn't have any scratches. I've had the Droid Maxx for 3 months and a lot of scratches are no appearing. The quality of the glass is definitely inferior on the Droid Maxx. I'm going to now buy one of those screen protectors, but I'm disappointed that I have to do this.

I have read an explanation that the scratches that appear are probably not to the glass but to the oleophobic coating, which is what creates resistance to fingerprints. I guess whatever the reason, it still looks the same.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000