Screen Protectors

D

Deleted member 90790

If it actually comes with Screen protection, and Samsung says don't remove, do you really need to buy an additional product?

fishmd

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
If it actually comes with Screen protection, and Samsung says don't remove, do you really need to buy an additional product?

I’m thinking no, unless it gets gross later on or something. Plus, I am pretty sure part of the reason Sammy says the screen is stronger this year is because of that protector. If you remove it, who knows what you may be doing to that.

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
That protector if same as Fold 2 will be flimsy protector which will keep a micro scratch off but not really much... They always say we recommend not taking off... You can remove with the edge of a sheet of paper.. That is how I removed easily.. I say keep it on till ya get tired of it... And I don't expect many good third party options for inner...

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Samsung's official recommendation from the first foldable is that only the factory-installed one should be used. There are myriad of stories online about people wrecking their factory protectors AND screens due to the use of 3rd party protectors (and the ones who didn't 'kill' it, complain that if it's a one-piece it does end up getting an ugly crease detached from the middle with dust galore or you have to settle for two-piece ones that make you notice the line in the middle a lot).

For Samsung foldables the factory-installed protector is standard for all AND is considered a part of the screen, not an addition to it.

This is really good to know. Thank you for explaining! I also never thought about the "crease" or "middle" of the screen/screen protector being prone to so much dust and debris. Makes sense!

TMavC5

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I am thinking much the same - just use the ones that it comes with until they go bad. Or at least experience them until deciding whether to get new protectors. I doubt I would want to put anything inside, but I would consider something on the cover (just need it to be case compatible, so probably some TPU film perhaps). The thing is the Note 20U last year did not come with them in the US, but it did in other regions for some strange reason. Really hope they don't pull that with this phone.

That's my plan on the inner screen.

fishmd

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
People from the US who get their phones delivered today. Please let us know if they come with a factory installed screen protector on the outer screen.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
They don't, just the basic, disposable packaging plastic. The only protector they include is the inner screen (and it's because it's not optional, it's a part of the screeen).
NVM, I was thinking Flip. Makes sense for the Fold to have out outside as well, but Imma leave that for the folders, not the flippers :p Sorry!

elron24

Jun 27, 2016
Visit site
I'm planning to get a film protector for the back and hinge of fold 3. For the outer screen, if it has already factory film, I'll leave it as is, same as my N20U, still intact. :)

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
Has anyone used one of the Whitestone Dome Glass Screen protectors for the outer screen ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210917-135951_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20210917-135951_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 23