Screen Protectors

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I know White Stone Dome works with the Spen and protects it's glass using glue adhesive, probably any of the film screen protector wouldn't have a issue the name brands

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited:

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
The WSD is one of the well known glass protector ls which I've used for years until recently on my Samsung Galaxy s²² Ultra.

The sPen works fine however the fingerprint sensor can be intermittent.

I now use the Samsung Official Tpu Screen Protector which is again fine with the sPen and works 100% with the fingerprint scanner.

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I noticed that Dome Glass Adhesive glue doesn't stink the way it use to, So i assume it's a different Adhesive glue.

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
On my s22 ultra I used a few different glass ones from Amazon that worked pretty good. I purchased the s23 plus this time and will probably use only two screen protectors in its life time. I highly suggest getting the dome one with the glue and the light to install it.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm using this one and so far no issues.
Milomdoi [3+3 Pack] UV for Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra Screen Protector Tempered Glass Accessories 3 Pack Screen Protector Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra 5G 3 Pack Camera Lens Protectors Case Fingerprint Fit https://a.co/d/8fKrz6N

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I got the amfilm 3 pack, and so far I have not been overly impressed.

The first set of loca was wasted due to contamination. I can't say for sure if it wasn't user error, but after cleaning the screen meticulously (doing it in the bathroom after running the shower full hot to steam up the room/drop all the airborne dust particles) a big speck of something was clearly visible at the bottom of the pool of loca, so I had to wipe it all off and start over.

I ended up getting the first screen adhered, with full coating under the glass. And visually it looked good the next day. A few days later the adhesive was looking ragged along the top and bottom edges. Then a few days later one of the corners popped free.

Last night I put the second/last screen on and as of today it looks really good. Time will tell how well this one holds up.

Any issues with this one and I will go back to WSD.

puch96

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I have the Samsung screen protector since I had some Samsung credit when I pre-ordered... So far it is OK. Nothing fancy, but I feel it protects from scratches at least. As far as impact, I'm not so sure...

pags11

Mar 5, 2019
Visit site
I got the amfilm 3 pack, and so far I have not been overly impressed.

The first set of loca was wasted due to contamination. I can't say for sure if it wasn't user error, but after cleaning the screen meticulously (doing it in the bathroom after running the shower full hot to steam up the room/drop all the airborne dust particles) a big speck of something was clearly visible at the bottom of the pool of loca, so I had to wipe it all off and start over.

I ended up getting the first screen adhered, with full coating under the glass. And visually it looked good the next day. A few days later the adhesive was looking ragged along the top and bottom edges. Then a few days later one of the corners popped free.

Last night I put the second/last screen on and as of today it looks really good. Time will tell how well this one holds up.

Any issues with this one and I will go back to WSD.

Thanks for sharing your experience. I've made the switch from WSD to AmFilm as well, in the past year.

A couple of things I've learned are that you should cure the screen protector in sets of 20 seconds, 60 seconds and 60 seconds (more than they recommend and much like Whitestone Dome). Also, make sure you use a case that doesn't press up on the sides of the screen protector.

Hope this helps. Like you, I really want AmFilm to be my long-term solution and don't want to go back to Whitestone Dome if I don't have to.

teristark

May 27, 2014
Visit site
I'm using the Spigen protector

It is the first one I have used with an installer piece and I was so happy with how easy it was and how straight it placed the protector. I haven't had any issues with print scanner or touch sensitivity. It is just as responsive and the naked screen.

dwade62

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I used the Whitestone on my S22 Ultra. It was a learning curve to install but once on it looked great.

The only issue I saw with it was this past Monday when I traded the S22 in for the S23 Ultra at our local ATT store. The employee said he needed to remove the protector to check the phone's screen. As he started removing it, the protector shattered as expected. BUT, he got to a point where an approximate 1.5" circle of the protector would not come off. I mean it was like bonded to the screen. He used a plastic squeegee, and he spent well over 20min removing tiny bits at a time.

That makes me nervous on getting the Whitestone for my S23 Ultra. PLUS, I've read recent reviews that Whitestone changed the adhesive and the jig for the S23, making the install process even worse then it was.

My S22 also had camera lens protectors from esrgear.com. I just ordered another set of the lens protectors from them, but this time I'm going to try their screen protector. Anxious for them too get here.

Don

YankInDaSouth

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Grabbed this one:

Case-Mate FlexiShield Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra Screen Protector [6.8“] Durable Thin Reinforced Polymer Film for Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra - Anti-scratch, Ultra High Clarity, Case Friendly, Easy Install https://a.co/d/fa5STFm

It's a bit tackier feeling than I like, but it does wrap around the curved edges a good bit so it should provide decent protection. Just applied it today so we'll see how it holds up. Not overly impressed considering the price ... have to imagine you're paying for the name. Would think there are similar ones out there for cheaper.

I got a few tiny bubbles in the upper right-hand corner that are triggering my OCD * Not even that noticeable when the screen is on, but I know they're there!!

Sent from Galaxtis 2.0

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Grabbed this one:

Case-Mate FlexiShield Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra Screen Protector [6.8“] Durable Thin Reinforced Polymer Film for Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra - Anti-scratch, Ultra High Clarity, Case Friendly, Easy Install https://a.co/d/fa5STFm

It's a bit tackier feeling than I like, but it does wrap around the curved edges a good bit so it should provide decent protection. Just applied it today so we'll see how it holds up. Not overly impressed considering the price ... have to imagine you're paying for the name. Would think there are similar ones out there for cheaper.

I got a few tiny bubbles in the upper right-hand corner that are triggering my OCD * Not even that noticeable when the screen is on, but I know they're there!!

Sent from Galaxtis 2.0

Hopefully the bubbles disappear by tomorrow.

teristark

May 27, 2014
Visit site
Naked here also! I have had many Samsung devices over the years and have never used a screen protector. Why change now.

I get a screen protector every time I get a new phone. I removed the one on my s20+ after about 6 mos and didn't put another one on until I got the s23+. I loved it without as the naked screen never had finger smudges (wish I could say the same about dog nose smudges...). I do not have a single scratch on the s20+ and I am known for dropping my phone frequently and leaving it my scrubs pocket 9-10hrs a day or in my jeans pocket. A naked screen is by far the best way to go. I see me removing my current protector as soon as I feel the newness wear off. LOL