Screen Protectors

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Surprisingly, I am very happy with these. I would typically go for the Whitestone Dome but with these I have absolutely no reason to. The fpr works flawlessly with only a light touch, its crystal clear, was simple to install. I am not using the included camera lens protectors, but at some point, I may.

I will buy more, but I doubt I'll actually need to.
43b98371dab2ee801988b0a47572e82a.jpg

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Samsung’s. Before and after. Easy Peasy and barely noticeable but feels very slick compared to other films.

Attachments

• 0F541B32-2609-4C0E-84D0-C0F996152FAD.jpg
    0F541B32-2609-4C0E-84D0-C0F996152FAD.jpg
    715.7 KB · Views: 43
  • A6CE1B42-ED55-4C4D-ACB7-7BFC72B3F5AB.jpg
    A6CE1B42-ED55-4C4D-ACB7-7BFC72B3F5AB.jpg
    453.1 KB · Views: 43
  • 2FE24329-239B-45AD-B4B7-E4DE91F36DDB.jpg
    2FE24329-239B-45AD-B4B7-E4DE91F36DDB.jpg
    455 KB · Views: 44

danhartman26

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
I get a screen protector every time I get a new phone. I removed the one on my s20+ after about 6 mos and didn't put another one on until I got the s23+. I loved it without as the naked screen never had finger smudges (wish I could say the same about dog nose smudges...). I do not have a single scratch on the s20+ and I am known for dropping my phone frequently and leaving it my scrubs pocket 9-10hrs a day or in my jeans pocket. A naked screen is by far the best way to go. I see me removing my current protector as soon as I feel the newness wear off. LOL
Agreed. I had no screen protector on my Note 9. Then I tried the White Stone Dome on my Note 20 Ultra - my wife took hers off in just a few days. I think I lasted about a week. I hated the sharp edges and the decreased accuracy of the FPS.
So I ran naked on that screen, naked on the S22 Ultra, and now naked on the S23 Ultra.
I figure that the insurance deductible cost to replace a screen is less than we have saved over the years of not buying the WSD. Plus, the experience is better.
And I don't know if I believe that the screen protector saves you from a shattered screen. I know people say "I dropped my phone, and the protector shattered, but not my screen. Therefore, it saved me"
But I don't think that proves that the screen would have broken without the screen protector. I've seen plenty of hard drops on hard surfaces that have not shattered screens. And, I remember seeing a lot of posts in the last few years about the WSDs breaking during delivery. So I think we know they are fragile.
So, to each his own, but I've had great luck and a more enjoyable experience without a screen protector. Of course, I don't want to pay for a screen, but in reality, I can afford it if it ever happens.

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I used the Whitestone on my S22 Ultra. It was a learning curve to install but once on it looked great.

The only issue I saw with it was this past Monday when I traded the S22 in for the S23 Ultra at our local ATT store. The employee said he needed to remove the protector to check the phone's screen. As he started removing it, the protector shattered as expected. BUT, he got to a point where an approximate 1.5" circle of the protector would not come off. I mean it was like bonded to the screen. He used a plastic squeegee, and he spent well over 20min removing tiny bits at a time.

That makes me nervous on getting the Whitestone for my S23 Ultra. PLUS, I've read recent reviews that Whitestone changed the adhesive and the jig for the S23, making the install process even worse then it was.

My S22 also had camera lens protectors from esrgear.com. I just ordered another set of the lens protectors from them, but this time I'm going to try their screen protector. Anxious for them too get here.

Don

I had a tuff time with removal on the S22U also. Never in the past.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Agreed. I had no screen protector on my Note 9. Then I tried the White Stone Dome on my Note 20 Ultra - my wife took hers off in just a few days. I think I lasted about a week. I hated the sharp edges and the decreased accuracy of the FPS.
So I ran naked on that screen, naked on the S22 Ultra, and now naked on the S23 Ultra.
I figure that the insurance deductible cost to replace a screen is less than we have saved over the years of not buying the WSD. Plus, the experience is better.
And I don't know if I believe that the screen protector saves you from a shattered screen. I know people say "I dropped my phone, and the protector shattered, but not my screen. Therefore, it saved me"
But I don't think that proves that the screen would have broken without the screen protector. I've seen plenty of hard drops on hard surfaces that have not shattered screens. And, I remember seeing a lot of posts in the last few years about the WSDs breaking during delivery. So I think we know they are fragile.
So, to each his own, but I've had great luck and a more enjoyable experience without a screen protector. Of course, I don't want to pay for a screen, but in reality, I can afford it if it ever happens.

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk

Screen protectors definitely prevent scratches. As far as protecting the screen from cracking I feel it's safe to say that it may help with some drops but not all.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
For me, it mostly scratches. I don't want even hairline or "ghost" scratches. Wish I didn't care but I'll never be that guy.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Oct 19, 2018
Visit site
Screen Protector

I understand Whitestone Screen Protector are supposed to be one of the top protectors. Until I can get one is it okay to put a cheap temporary protector on? It will be in a Otterbox Defender case that I already have. Also how secure and safe are the belt clips that come with Otterbox?

linkg100

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
AmFilm Screen Protector

I recently purchased the new Samsung S23+. I purchased the Supcase UB PRo for a case and after lengthy review I purchased the AmFilm Glass Screen Protector. It comes in a two pack from Amazon.

This is a glass screen protector which is case friendly in that it is just a touch smaller on each side than the original screen, making case installation fully protected. The screen protector comes already centered in a plastic mounting case which assures easy and perfect centering on the screen. A quick slide of your finger down the center of the guide releases a liquid adhere the pglass protector to the screen.

The glass is as smooth and responsive as the original screen. I dropped the case once with no issues and the screen protector cleans easy.

Attachments

• 2023-03-04 15_08_52-Amazon.com_ amFilm [2+2 Pack OneTouch Tempered Glass Screen Protector for Sa.png
    2023-03-04 15_08_52-Amazon.com_ amFilm [2+2 Pack OneTouch Tempered Glass Screen Protector for Sa.png
    598.4 KB · Views: 10

mach1man

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone used Mohave? I keep seeing them on Instagram and they have a privacy screen that I was thinking about getting

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Re: AmFilm Screen Protector

I recently purchased the new Samsung S23+. I purchased the Supcase UB PRo for a case and after lengthy review I purchased the AmFilm Glass Screen Protector. It comes in a two pack from Amazon.

This is a glass screen protector which is case friendly in that it is just a touch smaller on each side than the original screen, making case installation fully protected. The screen protector comes already centered in a plastic mounting case which assures easy and perfect centering on the screen. A quick slide of your finger down the center of the guide releases a liquid adhere the pglass protector to the screen.

The glass is as smooth and responsive as the original screen. I dropped the case once with no issues and the screen protector cleans easy.

Welcome to AC!
[Merged you to our existing thread on screen protector]

rogard1

May 23, 2023
Visit site
I installed the techmatte one touch screen protector today on my S23+. The process was simple and the results were perfect. Highly recommend this product.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej