Screen protectors

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
anyone putting a screen protector on your thrive?

I put one on my, but could not get all the bubbles from a couple of edges. don't like the way it looks with them. :(

I was wondering, about what everyone else is doing? if you don't have one, how is that working for you?
If you put one on, how did you get the bubbles all out?

hummingbirdhill

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Yo, Nonie, I don't use screen protectors because they (either actually or seem to) get in my way.

My Thrive's display is extremely smooth and sensitive to touch. I am fortunate to not have to use my digital devices when my hands are sticky, gritty, greasy, or otherwise dirty :) so from what do my screens need protection? :)

For what it's worth, I don't use screen protectors on my cell phone or my iPAQ either. I prefer the natural touch, so to speak, and I don't have time to de-bubble! ;)

Reactions: nonie

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Yo, Nonie, I don't use screen protectors because they (either actually or seem to) get in my way.

My Thrive's display is extremely smooth and sensitive to touch. I am fortunate to not have to use my digital devices when my hands are sticky, gritty, greasy, or otherwise dirty :) so from what do my screens need protection? :)

For what it's worth, I don't use screen protectors on my cell phone or my iPAQ either. I prefer the natural touch, so to speak, and I don't have time to de-bubble! ;)

Thanks, for your responce, Hummingbirdhill, I guess as long as I protect it if I take it anywhere, I'd be safe not using one.

If I could get the bubbles out, I might like having one, to feel secure that maybe it wouldn't get scratched, but with the bubbles, it makes it look cheap, in my opinion, :), will just have to remember to wipe any dust off, maybe before using if its sitting out.

But, as you mentioned, my hands or not grimy, sticky, etc., so gonna give it a try. Thanks, again for always answering my questions. :)

hummingbirdhill

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Nonie, I do highly recommend a case for your Thrive. :)

I am very reluctant to take naked devices out in public; I never know when someone might (accidentally or otherwise!) knock it out of my hand, or I could become distracted and drop it.

My devices wear their cases even inside my house/studio/car---for safety's sake, but of course the cases are usually flipped open inside.

(My Thrive case is the portfolio 360 from Toshiba. I chose it because it makes a stand, either vertically or horizontally, that works well on my desk as well as on my lap.)

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I remember reading that you had gotten the 360, I was wondering how you still liked it.
I also was wondering how it worked on your lap, with the part that extends to the front.
If I get one, I want it to be used either way also, is this the only one that can be used anyway you turn it? like the idea of promping it up also.
Do you find it to be cumbersome and how much thickness does it add to the thrive?
I have only taken mine out once, since I got it and it will be on rare occasions when I will take it, so a little hesitant to spend the $$, :-[ I do have a quilted case that I slepped it in when I took it.
I know thats not as secure as the 360, tho, but did protect the screen, while in my bag.

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
another question.

Have you been able to print from your the thrive? if so, how? I haven't needed to and may never, but just want to be able to, use everything it can do. lol

hummingbirdhill

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Yo, this case is expensive to be faux leather. My husband got it for my birthday present. :) Although it doesn't actually, it feels as if it doubles the weight of the Thrive. I'd prefer to use the Thrive without the case, if I had a choice, but it requires too much effort to get it in and out of this case every time I use it. The case is a very good fit for the device.

I feel that it is thick enough to protect my Thrive in ordinary circumstances. I have needed to be able to take my Thrive oncampus for faculty meetings, and I take it to other meetings as well. Not only is it convenient, but it quickly becomes the center of attention, and that is fun. :)

hummingbirdhill

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
As for cases that can double as a stand, I chose this case for that reason; I don't know of any others that do.

I've not needed to print from my Thrive yet, but I'm sure I will soon, and I'll let you know (if no one else does by then). :)

weirdkid

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
Have you had any problems with the screen being scratched? I just bought my Thrive yesterday and have yet to peel off the plastic film it comes with fearing I may scratch the screen without a protector.

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Have you had any problems with the screen being scratched? I just bought my Thrive yesterday and have yet to peel off the plastic film it comes with fearing I may scratch the screen without a protector.
I just started using mine without a screen protector, Saturday. But I plan to keep it protected when not using it and keeping it clean and also my hands. So hoping I won't get it scratched.

But others have been using theirs since they got it with no screen protectors and no problems.

I have noticed in this short time without one, that there are hardly any finger prints on the screen when using. With the protector it looked streaked and smeared all the time, except right after I cleaned it.:)

hummingbirdhill

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I've had no scratches, nicks, no blemishes whatsoever using my Thrive without screen protectors since I received it 7/15. :)

For me, screen protectors seem like a "racket" but I'm sure that users who are outdoors a lot probably need screen protectors. I don't worry about trying to keep my hands clean when I'm working outside (but I don't often work outside!).

hummingbirdhill

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Nonie, the black microfiber cloth that came with my Inspire is perfect for wiping the Thrive display; have you tried using a microfiber cloth on your Thrive? :) IMHO, a microfiber cloth is the only thing missing in my Thrive box!

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Hummingbirdhill, yes, I use a microfiber cloth, love it, it cleans it great.

It seemed when I had the screen protector on, every time I touched it, you could see my finger prints, but with out it, hardly any. Thankful for that, as before the screen looked messy. lol

Wonder why Toshiba, didn't add one with it? saving money, I guess. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anonymous Jones