Screen resolution problem

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I've had my GT10.1 for about 6 weeks. On saturday, while reading a textbook on it, the colors started to flicker. When I went back to the home page, the resolution seems to have been lowered quite a bit, every thing is pixelated, and there is color banding all over the place.

The battery was on the last bar, so I thought it might be a power saver thing. I charged it up, turned it off, rebooted, nothing has helped.

Now if I put it to sleep for 5-10 minutes, and wake it up, the graphics are back to normal. But within a few minutes of being on, no matter what I'm doing or looking at, the graphics begin to fail again.

Has anyone else seen this? Any suggestions on how to fix or deal with it?

p.s., interestingly, as I was attempting to attach some screen captures to this post, I transferred them to my pc and looked at them, no pixelation, no banding, perfect view. So the screen capture is not reproducing the problems with my display. I assume this means the problem is my screen... The first picture is the screen capture, the second is a photo of the screen taken with my DX.

Edit: Stock Honeycomb with all the factory updates applied, no other mods.

Last edited:

zephyr82

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Mine did the same thing... Eventually it stays degraded... I sent mine back to Samsung a week ago for repair... I hope this thing isn't a total piece of garbage....

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
That is exactly what I was hoping not to hear.....

Where is the Samsung location you had to send it to? I'm assuming I should call the tech number on the Samsung site to get a service ticket started then.

I hope you get yours back soon! I bought mine for school, and have my e-text books on it. It's going to be hard to finish the semester without it.

zephyr82

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Mine went to Texas... They have had it over a week and it's not started it's journey back yet. Samsungs "Factory Service" leaves a lot to be desired. Yes, you need to talk with a service rep to get a ticket started. They will e-mail you a shipping label, so all you need to do is have UPS come get the box, or drop it off at a place that accepts UPS.

zephyr82

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Samsung had the unit a week... Just got an e-mail with a tracking number that shows the Tab is on it's way back to me. They got it a week ago Tuesday and it left on Wednesday (yesterday). Hope it's fixed...

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Let us know how it is when it returns. I'm going to send mine in soon, just have to get my textbooks all transferred to laptop today, then off it will go. II really hope this is a fluke since only a few of us seem to be having the problem. If it gets fixed, and nothing else pops up, I'll be very happy with my GTab

droopie28

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for bumping this really old thread, but I think I am having this problem, colors appear in shadows in videos, and wallpapers look like crap, etc?

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like the same issue I had. I sent mine to Samsung on 11/8. UPS is showing it out for delivery to their facility today. They were pleasant on the phone, and after describing the problem, they quickly got me setup with a service request and shipping label. I hope it doesn't take too long to get it back. I miss it already.

I will update with further review when it comes back.

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Got my gtab back on Tuesday. Samsung had it for about a week. The screen is fixed and everything looks good. If you have resolution problems, call the service number immediately and get your tab fixed up and back in your hands.