Screen Timeout Not Working

AllGood

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
I was having issues with my email so i did a factory reset. Since the reset the Screen Timeout does not work. Its set to turn off in 15 seconds but i have increased the time to see if that resolves the issues with no luck. Also I have powered in down and turned it back on with no luck. Unable to find much on google or here about it. Any help would be great

TIA

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
When plugged in, not plugged in, or both? In settings>applications>development, there's an option to keep the screen awake when charging.

CrackberryMike

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I was having issues with my email so i did a factory reset. Since the reset the Screen Timeout does not work. Its set to turn off in 15 seconds but i have increased the time to see if that resolves the issues with no luck. Also I have powered in down and turned it back on with no luck. Unable to find much on google or here about it. Any help would be great

TIA

Hello?...Hello? :confused:

We can't help you if you're not available. :)

AllGood

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
When plugged in, not plugged in, or both? In settings>applications>development, there's an option to keep the screen awake when charging.

Sorry Cory i thought i subscribed to this thread.

I pulled the battery and success.....for like an hour. It happens when plugged in which i don't care about. My concern is it happens when not plugged in as well, kills the battery QUICKLY.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
That's okay I was just teasing :)

I haven't experienced the problem you're describing, nor have I read any similar posts like yours. Do you have any 3rd party apps installed that might be causing this?

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
That's okay I was just teasing :)

I haven't experienced the problem you're describing, nor have I read any similar posts like yours. Do you have any 3rd party apps installed that might be causing this?

AllGood

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
I did find the answer to the problem, Nimbuzz. I noticed it was having issues connecting and the screen would timeout and go off. Once it connected the screen never timed out. I would use ATK to kill Nimbuzz and it would go off again. Turned it on one more time and it wouldn't time out.

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
The developer of nimbuzz would probably be interested in this.

OP: send him an email explaining what happened. As a community we can make every product, application, and experience better I we share knowledge and experience.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reroseroy