Screen Vividness Update Coming

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Appears far more "official" than the regurgitated comment from a low-level customer support rep in Spain...that's for sure!
I wonder if all those "Professional" writers (none of which know how to use a spell checker) are running and hiding in the hopes they don't get fired for spewing false information on all of the forum sites????

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
Appears far more "official" than the regurgitated comment from a low-level customer support rep in Spain...that's for sure!
I wonder if all those "Professional" writers (none of which know how to use a spell checker) are running and hiding in the hopes they don't get fired for spewing false information on all of the forum sites????
You don't get fired for being wrong, you get fired for not getting clicks.

InstaGoogleTweetFace

May 15, 2019
Visit site
My personal preference has nothing to do with the bug , you didn't see my other statement before the one you quoted me?
This one you quoted me is for pictures taken not screen vivid mode
I am just surprised at how many people think other people must like what "their" preference is, I guess, unfortunately, this is how it is nowadays. For years Samsung gave an option vivid or natural and the user could choose to their liking. The option is still there but it is not working in the way it used to be for many years.

This is a quote from the article above:

So, it was an intentional decision from Samsung and not a bug that some people were expecting it to be.

I do not believe this for a minute, in fact I see this statement as an insult to my intelligence.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I am just surprised at how many people think other people must like what "their" preference is, I guess, unfortunately, this is how it is nowadays. For years Samsung gave an option vivid or natural and the user could choose to their liking. The option is still there but it is not working in the way it used to be for many years.

I do not believe this for a minute, in fact I see this statement as an insult to my intelligence.
For vivid mode not working i also think it's a bug if Samsung intentionally did this there be no option for vivid, I agree options is always good to talor mass buyers needs , I'm pretty confident it will be fixed , let's see if they add auto brightness back to AOD

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site

Definitely agree with your last statement. Samsung is notorious for launching major devices with design flaws. Perhaps it's due to their culture in addition to their work culture.

I would guess the lower staff who are supposed to be beta testing the devices are more "yes" men/women and too afraid to speak up when there are significant issues that need addressed.

I cannot believe how piss poor the camera design was on the S20U yet it somehow made it into production and sold to the public. No amount of updates ever fixed the focus.

Anyway, you're right, it was wordsmithed to cover their incompetence. Vivid flat out didn't just didn't work due to a software bug they should have seen.

Reactions: pteezay

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
For vivid mode not working i also think it's a bug if Samsung intentionally did this there be no option for vivid, I agree options is always good to talor mass buyers needs , I'm pretty confident it will be fixed , let's see if they add auto brightness back to AOD
Auto brightness already affects AOD. When looking at your AOD screen hold the phone up to a light, and if you have auto brightness turned on, you will see it get brighter! Same holds true if you go into a darker environment. You must be talking about something else?

Reactions: mustang7757

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Auto brightness already affects AOD. When looking at your AOD screen hold the phone up to a light, and if you have auto brightness turned on, you will see it get brighter! Same holds true if you go into a darker environment. You must be talking about something else?
It does but previously they had the option under AOD , this on my Fold 5 One UI 6... unfortunately they took it out
ecb30947ec27221842b746b1a6962adc.jpg
d58a09e53776d5c8a351709cff19bad6.jpg

Reactions: BEaRebel

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174