Scren lock after backup abort

SteveC

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
I just rooted, that went fine. I applied the lag fix, that went fine. I flashed Clockwork recovery from ROM Manager, that went fine. I then went to Backup current ROM and got an installation aborted error. With the phone on reboot, the screen goes to the last Verizon screen (the white verizon with the red letter and the checkmark), and stays there. Battery pull does nothing to change this. In manual recovery, nothing happens at any option except reeboot system now, which requires a long lean on the power button and the same lock up on the last verizon boot up screen.

Help please! I realize this is likely user error.

This is now in an unresponsive recovery screen. I can use reboot system and go throung the Samsung logo, but instead of rebooting, it goes back into the recovery screen.

Anybody?

Last edited:

namebrandon

Sep 8, 2010
www.sunny16.org
You cannot just install ROM Manager, and flash CWM and have this work. It's not magic my friend. :)

If you look in the ROMs/Hacks forum, you'll see a CWM sticky with the process for correctly installing CWM recovery. Scroll down to about post #3 and start from the beginning.

I would suggest reading/skimming the thread entirely before doing this, to save yourself any possible headaches.

SteveC

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
You cannot just install ROM Manager, and flash CWM and have this work. It's not magic my friend. :)

If you look in the ROMs/Hacks forum, you'll see a CWM sticky with the process for correctly installing CWM recovery. Scroll down to about post #3 and start from the beginning.

I would suggest reading/skimming the thread entirely before doing this, to save yourself any possible headaches.

Thanks and I really do realize it is not magic and I accept the fact I screwed up :eek:. In fact as soon as I touched "Backp Curent ROM" I knew I'd probably messed up because I HAD read no to do that, actually in the very thread you refer to. I had just installed the root required apps after rooting the Fascinate and I guess I got bit by old Droid habits, as backups have in the past proverd useful. :)

Now if I can get this thing working again...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawrick