Second Hand Note 7 Recall Thread

edloks808

Nov 7, 2016
Visit site
From my understanding, theres only one note 7 support team in the USA and that the folks in colorado. Are you saying that these people are telling you that they will keep your phone and not refund you once you send it in because you bought it third party and cant produce a receipt? what incentive do you have to send in the phone if the reps blatantly tell you this info?

edloks808

Nov 7, 2016
Visit site
If youre hearing from note 7 reps things like "we cant guarantee anything" when you ask to process a refund ticket without a proof of purchase, this actually pertains to "duplicates." whats happening now is people who have been waiting a long time for boxes are selling their phones person to person. then the next person is setting up another return ticket. This halts the return process because samsung doesnt want to refund the same phone twice.

maxchacon

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
I'm not exactly sure what state they're located in, but it's definitely domestic. What I'm saying from what I've been told many times is that if you purchased a phone from a 3rd party vendor such as craigslist or a friend, you must provide a proof of purchase and proof that it was activated with a carrier. They will not be issuing refunds without at least the proof of purchase. This proof of purchase must state the purchase amount and the vendor in which you purchased the phone from. Basically a receipt. Samsung will then go off of the amount on the receipt and send you a refund for that amount. If you send in your Note 7 to Samsung or have stericycle pick it up from your home, you will not receive a refund unless you provide a proof of purchase via email. Therefore, no proof of purchase, no refund. If you fail to provide a proof of purchase and you have sent in your phone already, you're **** out of luck. They will close your ticket and call it a day.

maxchacon

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
I received a phone directly from someone who received it from T-Mobile. I received the phone still in its shrink wrap and was the only person who activate it through T-Mobile. When the recall was announced, I opened a claim with Samsung and received my return box and packaging a few days after. I dropped off my phone to UPS on October 13th and it was delivered to a warehouse in Texas on October 17th. Samsung confirmed receiving the phone to their warehouse after providing the tracking #. I was then told that the warehouse will issue a refund check that will be sent through UPS. After 3 weeks I've yet to receive or hear back from Samsung regarding any sort of refund. After many calls and emails, I was told that they need an actual proof of purchase before they can proceed with a refund. I could only provide an email confirmation that the phone was activated through T-Mobile. This is not sufficient enough to warrant a refund as they need to know the vendor and amount the phone was purchased for. So here I am still waiting for a refund and calling Samsung everyday.

Corporate Caines

Nov 9, 2016
Visit site
When I called the number that was posted in this thread. The person on the phone setup and shipped a return box and quoted me a refund of $950 usd. $900 for the phone. $25 Samsung credit. And $25 phone case credit. They told me to put the phone in the box with the case and ship it to them. It will then take 14 business days from the time the get the phone to ship out a refund. He said since I do not have the receipt he can only refund me $900 for the phone and not the tax since they have no proof tax was paid since it was purchased via Craigslist with no receipt. He also offered to ship me a Samsung s7 edge first if I wanted an exchange but he would put a $850 hold on my card and I will have 21 days to ship the note back from the moment I get the edge delivered. But since I am not certain when I will be back in New York I choose to go the route of the full refund.

maxchacon

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
You're right, there is no incentive. I've even been told quite bluntly from representatives to just wait until I can produce a proof of purchase for the 2nd note 7 phone I have before I send it in, otherwise I'll be in the same situation. I've been told to head to a Walmart or target and purchase a $10 flip phone and then return my Note 7. To put it clearly, if you bought it off craigslist and have no hard copy receipt or proof of purchase, there's a strong chance you will be out of luck. Samsungs main priority is to secure all recalled phones to avoid anymore lawsuits or bad media. They'll deal with our refunds when they get a chance.

xkoolaidislifex

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
You're right, there is no incentive. I've even been told quite bluntly from representatives to just wait until I can produce a proof of purchase for the 2nd note 7 phone I have before I send it in, otherwise I'll be in the same situation. I've been told to head to a Walmart or target and purchase a $10 flip phone and then return my Note 7. To put it clearly, if you bought it off craigslist and have no hard copy receipt or proof of purchase, there's a strong chance you will be out of luck. Samsungs main priority is to secure all recalled phones to avoid anymore lawsuits or bad media. They'll deal with our refunds when they get a chance.
What you are saying is contradictory to everything most of us have been told,so please understand that there is a lot of skepticism regarding your statements.

I have spoken with numerous representatives about my 2nd hand Note 7s and have never heard anything you have mentioned. Calling yesterday, there was no change to that. I sincerely hope that someone has been misinforming you, and that you can have the resolution you seek.

Mine arrived at the Samsung warehouse yesterday. So in about 2 weeks, I should have my refund check. It is a painstakingly slow process,but I do not believe that I will be left high and dry in this situation.

maxchacon

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
To be honest, I hope I'm wrong too. I've spent close to $2000 on these phones and sent out my phone on October 13th and received at their warehouse on October 17th. If there's anyone out there that's received a check please speak up because I'm sure that's what's worrying us. As far as the info I'm receiving, I'm just relaying exactly what I've been told countless times from different representatives.

truegamergirl

Oct 8, 2016
Visit site
Check ebay and you'll see that the phone is already up in price. Some going for $1000 buy it now. There are some people who have rooted their phone and regressed to old firmwares before the updates. Some have added Odin as well. I have yet to hear of anyone with a 3rd party Note 7 receive a check.
you just made me smile :) any links or info on this?

gotojanoo

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Really shameful that they can't even acknowledge or simple email saying we received your phone. Anyone know any Sammy's high level employee email address? Mine was delivered on 27th Oct. Nothing so far.

beathookup

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
My package is slated to be delivered today, yippee! I'm going to call them tomorrow to confirm that someone has received the phone and ask when a refund check will be issued and how will I be notified.

As far as the proof of purchase and activation on an account, I was never asked for either one of these. I did tell them that I purchased it on CraigsList and that when I went to activate it on my account with Sprint customer care over the phone they told me that the phone was no longer being activated on their network. Also when I asked for a refund they originally said $849.99 + tax, but the latest that I heard was $879.99, not sure if that includes tax or not, so we will see what will come back to me.

I shipped back a brand new device, plastic still on it with it never being activated or a call timer tripped. If for some reason they begin to give me a run around I will add that representatives name to my notes and begin to pursue other means to receive my compensation and then some.

**EDIT** Got paranoid, called Samsung (extended wait, I guess from being in the middle of the day) and they confirmed that they received my phone. Said I should expect to receive a refund check by 11/30, and if I did not to call back and they would escalate the issue. Also confirmed that I did not need to send in proof of purchase or activation on my line, but if they refund check will be for $849.99 and if I did have a receipt they would include the sales tax. So at this point the response that I'm getting back from them is making me happy. She did also say that I may receive my check sooner than that date, but that would be the latest. I also expressed that I just want to make sure I receive a check and she said some checks have been received.

Last edited:

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
I called today for a status update of my refunds. At no point during the conversation was it mentioned that I needed a proof of purchase or else they were keeping my device. I'm supposed to see something soon so they say. I will call back again Monday evening.

maxchacon

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
My package is slated to be delivered today, yippee! I'm going to call them tomorrow to confirm that someone has received the phone and ask when a refund check will be issued and how will I be notified.

As far as the proof of purchase and activation on an account, I was never asked for either one of these. I did tell them that I purchased it on CraigsList and that when I went to activate it on my account with Sprint customer care over the phone they told me that the phone was no longer being activated on their network. Also when I asked for a refund they originally said $849.99 + tax, but the latest that I heard was $879.99, not sure if that includes tax or not, so we will see what will come back to me.

I shipped back a brand new device, plastic still on it with it never being activated or a call timer tripped. If for some reason they begin to give me a run around I will add that representatives name to my notes and begin to pursue other means to receive my compensation and then some.

**EDIT** Got paranoid, called Samsung (extended wait, I guess from being in the middle of the day) and they confirmed that they received my phone. Said I should expect to receive a refund check by 11/30, and if I did not to call back and they would escalate the issue. Also confirmed that I did not need to send in proof of purchase or activation on my line, but if they refund check will be for $849.99 and if I did have a receipt they would include the sales tax. So at this point the response that I'm getting back from them is making me happy. She did also say that I may receive my check sooner than that date, but that would be the latest. I also expressed that I just want to make sure I receive a check and she said some checks have been received.

Keep us posted. Like I said I've yet to speak of heard from anyone that's received a check yet. My phone was received on October 17th

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174