Second Hand Note 7 Recall Thread

anhtruong51

Nov 10, 2016
Visit site
I feel like I have a need to contribute to this post because I am in the same boat and don't want everyone to get their hope up for the check. Got my box on October 14. It was delivered to Coppell, Texas on October 19. So today is the 16th "business" day that they promised. Still nothing from them. I just got off a call with them, a supervisor to be specific. Guess what that supervisor said? He "can't guarantee" when I will receive the check or how much longer I will be waiting for it. Simply because the Note 7 Exchange department have no information about my phone and they only process the refund request and another department that he can't name will send out a confirmation email once they issue my check. He didn't even know my phone was sent in to them in a fireproof box and got delivered to their warehouse. They had to ask for my tracking number to confirm that it was delivered.When I asked what step I should do next and all I got is "sir, you have to wait more as we are waiting for your information to be updated". This is ridiculous coming from a high-level customer support. A supervisor? For real? I have tried emailing president@sea.samsung.com and no one has yet replied to my email. Keep in mind though, I got the replacement or version 2.0 Note 7 by emailing this email. So I hope I will get an answer from this email soon. If not then I'm out of luck and choices. Anyone who already got their check (not credit), please speak your experience.

maxchacon

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
I feel like I have a need to contribute to this post because I am in the same boat and don't want everyone to get their hope up for the check. Got my box on October 14. It was delivered to Coppell, Texas on October 19. So today is the 16th "business" day that they promised. Still nothing from them. I just got off a call with them, a supervisor to be specific. Guess what that supervisor said? He "can't guarantee" when I will receive the check or how much longer I will be waiting for it. Simply because the Note 7 Exchange department have no information about my phone and they only process the refund request and another department that he can't name will send out a confirmation email once they issue my check. He didn't even know my phone was sent in to them in a fireproof box and got delivered to their warehouse. They had to ask for my tracking number to confirm that it was delivered.When I asked what step I should do next and all I got is "sir, you have to wait more as we are waiting for your information to be updated". This is ridiculous coming from a high-level customer support. A supervisor? For real? I have tried emailing president@sea.samsung.com and no one has yet replied to my email. Keep in mind though, I got the replacement or version 2.0 Note 7 by emailing this email. So I hope I will get an answer from this email soon. If not then I'm out of luck and choices. Anyone who already got their check (not credit), please speak your experience.

It seems like everything that you did is exactly what I did and the outcome has been exactly the same as well. I keep telling everyone the same thing and to not get their hopes up. The way samsung has been handling this is unprofessional. I was on the phone with Samsung's Note 7 department, technical department, and customer relations for a little over an hour. I got the same run around as before with no information regarding my refund check or confirmation that they've received my phone despite tracking indicating it was delivered on the 19th. I could include an email I received directly from Samsung indicating a proof of purchase required but the email includes too much of my personal info including name, address, and ticket number.

eaglehdz_21

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
So no confirmed checks then? I'm closing in on the 15 business days and nothing yet . Havent called samsung so . I will probably!be doING so today see what they tell me .

truegamergirl

Oct 8, 2016
Visit site
i will not ship it til I see someone with a check. I do wonder if I root it will they still refund me? this is the worst recall in history...

PS. been using my phone 24/7 charging as soon as it reaches 30% no explosion and I'm still alive btw

maxchacon

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
I'll look into the requirements for a class action suit. My brother works at a large law firm in Los Angeles. It also depends on how many of us will actually be joining the suit.

truegamergirl

Oct 8, 2016
Visit site
I'll look into the requirements for a class action suit. My brother works at a large law firm in Los Angeles. It also depends on how many of us will actually be joining the suit.
I'll join :) i remember bestbuys employee lawsuit for bag checking during lunch. we all got about 1k each.

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
I will join also...Monday the 14th is the magic day 15 for me...I don't think it's going to show

My first phone has been with them since 10/19. My second phone has been with them since 10/25. They owe me $1700. I'm definitely in on a class action. I've considered reaching out to the local news station for some assistance as well.

anon(9785393)

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
Samsung now says that rather than the 14th being the last day that I would receive a check, it's now the 16th, but "with Thanksgiving, I'm going to give the USPS a break and think it will be after Thanksgiving." I was also told that since I didn't put the incipio case in the box, they will not refund it. I was specifically told not to do that by one of the various phone spokespeople from Samsung. I could tell based on the Thanksgiving talk that they have a script to indicate that there will be a delay. A delay until after Thanksgiving will mean that they have had my device for more than a month without issuing a check. I don't think that's acceptable. I'm at my wit's end with this company and am likely done as a customer.

Last edited:

anhtruong51

Nov 10, 2016
Visit site
Just a little update for those who have read my previous post, I just called Samsung again this morning and incidentally got the same rep that I spoke to on last Thursday. I was told by the supervisor on that day to call back today to escalate my ticket number if I still haven't seen anything from Samsung. So I did. This time the call was so much quicker, about 10 minutes on hold between transfer and 5 minutes to check on my status.

That rep told me that they somehow received an update from the department that was supposed to send out confirmation emails about issuing refunds via checks on the day after I called them which is Friday, Veterans Day. What a coincident right? Think not. Anyway he said that it will take another 3-5 days for me to receive that email or the check. Finger crossed now.

I think the complaint that I sent to president@sea.samsung.com via email somehow helped escalating my case. It's either that or I got lucky with the last call I made. Now I hope everything I was told today wasn't all lies and the check will hopefully and magically show up in my mailbox.

Fun fact: Did you guys know they only have around 40 reps handling our calls for the entire country? That might explain why I got the same person twice and all those long holds on calls that I've made.

Another fun fact: This rep told me that they've decided to compensate me around $940 for my troubles with this phone. That was not what I was told a month ago when I made my refund request. That time they said it was $849 for the T-Mobile Note 7 version. This fact actually got me a little worried somehow because I doubt Samsung would give me this much for a third-party buyer.

maxchacon

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
Surprisingly just received a call back from Samsung regarding my refund. I was told that my request was approved on November 11th. I was then told that it should take ANOTHER 7-10 business days to physically receive my check. Not sure if I should continue investigating a class action suit or give them another 7-10 days to get their sh*t together.

CP414

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
Samsung now says that rather than the 14th being the last day that I would receive a check, it's now the 16th, but "with Thanksgiving, I'm going to give the USPS a break and think it will be after Thanksgiving." I was also told that since I didn't put the incipio case in the box, they will not refund it. I was specifically told not to do that by one of the various phone spokespeople from Samsung. I could tell based on the Thanksgiving talk that they have a script to indicate that there will be a delay. A delay until after Thanksgiving will mean that they have had my device for more than a month without issuing a check. I don't think that's acceptable. I'm at my wit's end with this company and am likely done as a customer.

Long time lurker, 1 time poster here:

I just got off the phone with the US based 855 number, thinking it was my 14th business day(it wasn't)

Anyhoo.. The call got off on the WRONG foot when the CS guy said my ticket was created *today*, when they've had mine since 10/25,and my bile rose

Granted the CS guy apologised, but that set a tone.

When I asked when I should expect my check, the CS guy said 'our team of 60 is dealing with 1.5MM Note 7 recalls', I friggin lost it.

Now, they only sold 1.5MM N7s TOTAL in the USA.

So I called him on his BS. I asked: all those folks who've returned their N7s to POS or carriers, you're team has to deal with that? He said, no folks who've we don't deal with those.

The CS guy countered with 'not everyone got a carrier/POS refund, and we're refunding them too.'

Fast Forward thru 15ish minutes of me admonishing CS Guy for his lies/script

I was told to wait another 3-5 BDs for my check

I told him I'll be calling back Friday, and everyday I don't have my refund $$$

anon(9785393)

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
Long time lurker, 1 time poster here:

I just got off the phone with the US based 855 number, thinking it was my 14th business day(it wasn't)

Anyhoo.. The call got off on the WRONG foot when the CS guy said my ticket was created *today*, when they've had mine since 10/25,and my bile rose

Granted the CS guy apologised, but that set a tone.

When I asked when I should expect my check, the CS guy said 'our team of 60 is dealing with 1.5MM Note 7 recalls', I friggin lost it.

Now, they only sold 1.5MM N7s TOTAL in the USA.

So I called him on his BS. I asked: all those folks who've returned their N7s to POS or carriers, you're team has to deal with that? He said, no folks who've we don't deal with those.

The CS guy countered with 'not everyone got a carrier/POS refund, and we're refunding them too.'

Fast Forward thru 15ish minutes of me admonishing CS Guy for his lies/script

I was told to wait another 3-5 BDs for my check

I told him I'll be calling back Friday, and everyday I don't have my refund $$$

I was getting a lot of attitude from the one I spoke with as well. It was ridiculous. If Samsung thinks they have handled this recall well, they are delusional. I have rarely loathed a company as much as I do Samsung now, and I have owned Notes 1 through 7. Good luck, Samsung, it's been fun.

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
I just got off the phone with Samsung. They answered the call right away, and the girl said that my refund was approved on Friday the 11th for the amount of $924. She said the "check is in the mail." I did not receive any email, but she did say that an email was generated with that information, so we shall see. As for my other device, that has not been updated yet as that was received a week after. I will check back the end of this week. Fingers crossed.

bf18289

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
called on Friday which was my 15th day. The rep "researched" but i had to provide the tracking # again for the firebox and stated he can confirm the phone was scanned and accepted. He noted that the standard 10-15 days needs to be caveat with at least 3 days after samsung receives the phone in order for them to actually process the return and verify the phone so technically i need to wait until wednedsay and i shoud l call on wednesday if i still did not receive the check.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickness54