Second Hand Note 7 Recall Thread

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Samsung will most likely keep referring you back to TMobile since you purchased it from them. Especially if you have a proof of purchase from TMobile, they should be the ones to refund you. You can ask Samsung, but there's been times when they 3-way call with a Samsung rep, TMobile rep, and myself to see who should would be issuing the refund.

Would talking to a Samsung rep in person at Best Buy work better maybe rather than calling?

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
The Best Buy Samsung reps are just counter jockeys. You'll get nowhere with them. Why isn't T-Mobile refunding you?

As I posted before I keep getting run around. At first only a bill credit when the store who was supposed to do the refund correctly never did it right then when I went back they said it was past 14 days and the manager was rude and only offered bill credit, then Tmobile agreed to send me a check, then never got the check then excuse after excuse from various departments to needing to send BANK statement in proving I purchased the Note 7 then no one ever following through to then finally on Tue they said they were putting it back on my card and it would be a few business days.

Just refund me my MONEY! How hard is this? They make billions and they can't simply refund me? This is to the point this is simply fraud now. I've been out of possession of the Note 7 for over two months no after surrendering it to them and I don't have my money. Basically theft. I gave them my device and did not receive refund for it.

edloks808

Nov 7, 2016
Visit site
Im in agreement on this one. At this point samsung has both our phones and our money for much longer than they promised. Id call it theft as well as fraud too becuase weve got nothing and samsung has everything. its simple economics. we pay for a product and then receive the product. Samsung wants that product back and offers a refund. so we give the product back, but they dont give us a refund as promised?? Ive seriously lost trust in them as a corporation. Somebody please initiate a class action lawsuit.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Im in agreement on this one. At this point samsung has both our phones and our money for much longer than they promised. Id call it theft as well as fraud too becuase weve got nothing and samsung has everything. its simple economics. we pay for a product and then receive the product. Samsung wants that product back and offers a refund. so we give the product back, but they dont give us a refund as promised?? Ive seriously lost trust in them as a corporation. Somebody please initiate a class action lawsuit.

This is why I might give the v20 a second look especially if the price drops. At least with them they make the unlocked US version available sooner and if you purchase it through Amazon you also have a 1 year warranty (purchased directly from them, not third party).

be it from the carriers or purchasing it from the Samsung website, it seems Samsung and the carriers are just giving us a big middle finger and expect us to buy their next overpriced phone, the S8 and shut up. They don't want to eat the cost and figure people will just give up trying to get a refund. I guess they figure that's less costly. Even for us people who ordered the phones, when returning it to the store they should be refunding or credit cards right away. Not making us wait for weeks until they ship it to the warehouse to be checked in.

When returning something to Best Buy you don't have to wait for it to be sent to the warehouse. The store has the phone in their possession, a refund then should be issued. When I worked for Officemax if someone ordered a laptop or printer and returned it to our store they didn't have to wait for weeks until it was sent back. We processed the refund.

The problem is that there are only 4 major carriers in north america, so they can give the middle finger and terrible customer service knowing that you don't have many options. Just imagine if that ATT and Tmobile merger was approved and only 3 carriers.

For now on it's unlocked for me and probably LG. It's either direct from Amazon, Best Buy, or BHphoto. I will never buy a carrier phone again especially Tmobile. They all give much better support than the carriers who have been a nightmare with this whole thing.

shojus

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
As much as your whole situation sucks, just call the Samsung line listed on this forum, and let them know you have a Note 7 that was purchased through a 3rd party website (even though it was through T-Mobile) , cause they will setup a return authorization for you and that will be that! NOW, it may take them a month and a half to pay you, but I believe that they will indeed pay, just on their terms unfortunately... I am a full 40 days since I sent my phone out, to this day. OR, if you have not tried going to T-Mobile on Twitter yet, you need to try that step NOW, cause their Twitter account has all of the best reps and supervisors and they usually will take care of you quickly! I had multiple issues taken care of by T-Mobile on Twitter. They just gave me a $200 bill credit because I never got my check from that last $200 trade-in offer for the LG V20. Come to find out I was never even elegible to receive that damn rebate! All these big companies are abusing the rights that we DON'T have!

Ashly825

Nov 24, 2016
Visit site
If Tmobile doesn't follow through, is it possible I could go to Samsung and ask for the money saying Tmobile refusing to refund me? Especially being a loyal Samsung user since the S2 and owning their tablets and watches as well.

HI all. I have just been lurking but figured I'd chime in here with my experience. My husband and I pre-ordered our n7s from Verizon and received them the day before they came out in stores. We did the first recall easily but the second one required us to purchase a new phone. Well instead of Verizon doing like Walmart or somewhere else and logging the Note in and THEN letting us purchase a new phone (so we didn't have to put tax money on another one and wait "2-3 billing cycles" to get the other tax money back)they expected us to pull money out that we just didn't have at the time so the girl told me I needed to call Samsung and see if they could help. So I did. I told the rep what was happening at Verizon (this was on 11/4) and she gave me the option to put a $900 hold on a credit card (like I'm going to trust any of them to do that at this point) or meet with Steri-Cycle. I chose Steri-Cycle. FINALLY after 3 WEEKS (it was only supposed to be 2-3 business days...)of bugging them to death the guy from Steri-Cycle called this past Tuesday (22nd)and arranged to meet me on Wednesday. Samsung gave me 2 brand new Galaxy S7 edges in my choice of silver or black(we took one of each) FREE OF CHARGE in exchange for our faulty N7s. On top of that we are also getting a check like everyone else for the incentives offered. I was not going to go back with Samsung but they kind of made it hard to resist lol. Just thought I'd share to let you know that calling Samsung may be a great idea.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
As much as your whole situation sucks, just call the Samsung line listed on this forum, and let them know you have a Note 7 that was purchased through a 3rd party website (even though it was through T-Mobile) , cause they will setup a return authorization for you and that will be that! NOW, it may take them a month and a half to pay you, but I believe that they will indeed pay, just on their terms unfortunately... I am a full 40 days since I sent my phone out, to this day. OR, if you have not tried going to T-Mobile on Twitter yet, you need to try that step NOW, cause their Twitter account has all of the best reps and supervisors and they usually will take care of you quickly! I had multiple issues taken care of by T-Mobile on Twitter. They just gave me a $200 bill credit because I never got my check from that last $200 trade-in offer for the LG V20. Come to find out I was never even elegible to receive that damn rebate! All these big companies are abusing the rights that we DON'T have!

What is the number to call to speak to Samsung about this?

Ashly825

Nov 24, 2016
Visit site
The best number to call for Samsung is 855-291-6255(that's in the states of course). This goes straight through to the exchange department that handles exchanges and refunds.

gotojanoo

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
The best number to call for Samsung is 855-291-6255(that's in the states of course). This goes straight through to the exchange department that handles exchanges and refunds.
Called that number and no wait at all. Thanks. And one of the lady rep says your check will be ship out either on Monday or Tuesday. And that 3-5 business days not gonna make until following week. So hold on fellas.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

Thanks. If I don't have my money in my account around midweek I might give it a try.

Ashly825

Nov 24, 2016
Visit site
Yall are welcome. I hope you guys get everything worked out soon. I have my new phones now that Samsung gave me but I have to wait for my n7s to get to Samsung and on record before I start my refund process so I will probably get my check around Easter lol.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Yall are welcome. I hope you guys get everything worked out soon. I have my new phones now that Samsung gave me but I have to wait for my n7s to get to Samsung and on record before I start my refund process so I will probably get my check around Easter lol.

With all the billing screw ups, people not getting refunds, next August it wouldn't shock me if people are still trying to get refunds and bills corrected. I'm kinda irritated with myself I didn't hold off for a couple weeks and check Amazon and see that they directly sell unlocked V20s. I would have never bought the Edge from the crooks at the tmobile store.

If you buy a phone from Amazon directly, not third party seller do you think if there was an issue with the phone or a recall their return process would be much more friendly than the shaft many of us have gotten?

shojus

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
You just got told some of the same BS that they have been telling us this whole time... Until we have our checks in hand, there is NO dates or amount of days that it will be until we should expect it. It's just going to randomly come and hopefully soon!

CP414

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
Just got an incredible deal on a Pixel, it's good but not as fantastic as the N7 was.

Now I want my dang check so I can forget all about Samsung.

I'll miss the minor convenience of Samsung Pay a bit, but I don't want to deal with Samsung ever again

gotojanoo

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Just got an incredible deal on a Pixel, it's good but not as fantastic as the N7 was.

I'll miss the minor convenience of Samsung Pay a bit, but I don't want to deal with Samsung ever again
Do u mind to share that incredible deal please.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

Pixel doesn't turn me on. S7 edge still a much better overall device. I'd take a V20 over the Pixel for a number of reasons.

CP414

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
Do u mind to share that incredible deal please.

It was at Best Buy. The 32GB VZW Pixels were a flat $9.99/Mo on DPP, no bill credits involved, for a total price of $239.76.

Might have been a Black Friday only deal.

If the BBY site isn't showing the $9.99 price on the site, the deal's over

Pixel doesn't turn me on. S7 edge still a much better overall device. I'd take a V20 over the Pixel for a number of reasons.

Is the Pixel as good as the Note 7? Not even close. But I do prefer Google's idea of Android over Grace UX

But after these 2(!) months of dealing w/ Samsung and still not having a check, I'll never buy a Sammy ever again.

Plus S7 edge is too clunky compared to N7 IMO. Edges aren't refined as the N7, screen isn't as good.

LG? Not until I see one of their phones NOT have bootloop issues

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotifyWord