Security Error

adamsmiley

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I just powered off my phone and back on. When it come back on I got a Security Error and can't get past this. Can anyone help? I tried holding the volume up and power and it ask if I want to do a factor rest which I did and it still would not go any farther then Security Error.

libertus77

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
You removed some Google System apps, as I understand. I believe that you will have to use the brick recovery and reinstall everything.

Perhaps someone who's seen it will confirm.

Sent from my ICS-Flavored LG Viper using Tapatalk 2

tommyjoesanders

May 2, 2012
Visit site
You removed some Google System apps, as I understand. I believe that you will have to use the brick recovery and reinstall everything.

You are correct. I had someone that did that and unbrick method worked and re do manual update or wait for firmware OTA. Use WiFi if you want OTA push the update

trailz

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Use the un brick method back to zvd. Then re do your update. Its Not too hard I did 3 or 4 times. When your back up and running, just don't un-install any of the google apps. You can get rid of All the sprint stuff.
Its takes about a half hour..

libertus77

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Use the un brick method back to zvd. Then re do your update. Its Not too hard I did 3 or 4 times. When your back up and running, just don't un-install any of the google apps. You can get rid of All the sprint stuff.

Then just use the stock built in "disable"function for most of them.

sparkyslots

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Oh Man I just spent half the day resetting these 2 Vipers an now I restart and get this error. Well time to spend the other half of the day doing it all over.
Does the unbrick work for ICS?

sparkyslots

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
We're all better now, would be nice if google wouldn't put so much control into everything. It's just a pain. That software that you never need should all be optional. Just like buying a new PC, a must to reformat to get rid of all the extra junk. The game of sales. Oh well!
Thanks again all!

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
We're all better now, would be nice if google wouldn't put so much control into everything. It's just a pain. That software that you never need should all be optional. Just like buying a new PC, a must to reformat to get rid of all the extra junk. The game of sales. Oh well!
Thanks again all!

It's LG...my phone is on ICS, and the only annoyances I have comes from software put there by Samsung.

Saul Gomez

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
I have a lg ms769 and it says security error then powers off, the lg tool says im already up to date and it doesnt download the software, i need help ;( please

DanielrHernandez

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

If its not too much to ask, how exactly do you do this? I can't get past the LG logo, under the logo it says security error.

P.s. Sorry I couldn't figure out how to delete my earlier post that didn't include the quote.

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I just powered off my phone and back on. When it come back on I got a Security Error and can't get past this. Can anyone help? I tried holding the volume up and power and it ask if I want to do a factor rest which I did and it still would not go any farther then Security Error.

You are correct. I had someone that did that and unbrick method worked and re do manual update or wait for firmware OTA. Use WiFi if you want OTA push the update

I hate reviving old threads but we may have a better solution to this problem rather than forcing you to use the old unbrick method. I'll be back later with more information.

silver9990

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I hate reviving old threads but we may have a better solution to this problem rather than forcing you to use the old unbrick method. I'll be back later with more information.

Any update on this? I just bricked my Viper after uninstalling some apps & I'd prefer to not have to go through all of the stuff to flash a rom if I don't have to.

Sean OGorman

May 13, 2011
Visit site
If you installed the Loki'ed TWRP recovery and backed up prior to removing those apps, restore works to stop the security error. I tested it myself. I'm not sure though if you can get the phone to the point of being able to install the recovery though if it is already at the security error.

yetta86

Jul 19, 2015
Visit site

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
If you installed the Loki'ed TWRP recovery and backed up prior to removing those apps, restore works to stop the security error. I tested it myself. I'm not sure though if you can get the phone to the point of being able to install the recovery though if it is already at the security error.
If it's at the security error, try this for me. Attached your phone to your computer, install the Android SDK Platform Tools, and run this:

fastboot oem unlock

Then reboot, and you should be back at the security error and now run (given you have the Loki-ed TWRP):

fastboot flash recovery TWRP.lok
fastboot flash boot TWRP.lok

If that works, you should be able to boot straight into recovery to restore your backup.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrussellcampbell