Security Lock Issues - How to Fix?

kingzee

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I took my Droid X back yesterday and got a Droid 2. Unlike the Droid X, Droid 2 seemingly forces you to have to use a slide lock each time you wake up the phone. This is VERY tedious, as it takes two steps to wake up MY phone. I have to press the lock button, and then I have to slide the screen lock. And since I have set up a lock pattern, that's an additional 3rd step. There seemingly is no way to disable the lock pattern (once set up), nor the slide lock. What gives?

Why aren't there additional options that allow me, the user and owner of my phone, to set it up like I want? This should work like MS Windows, in that I can CHOOSE whether or not I want to be prompted for a password or not.

Am I wrong and overlooking something, or is this how it is? And if this IS how it is, what will Motorola do to address this in the next software patch (hopefully another is coming)?

Thanks in advance.

kingzee

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Its a shame we should have to use an app. Doesn't this just add to an additional program having to run in the background, ultimately aiding in reducing battery life?

kingzee

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Okay, I've figured out the pattern lock problem. It was a user error, but things weren't clear IMO. When I went to "Set up screen lock" I was presented with the pattern lock. I JUST figured out that it wanted me to put in my pattern BEFORE making changes. Sigh...

kingzee

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
One last thing, I'm using Screen Mode Widget instead of No Lock. No Lock doesn't prevent accidentally answering calls. But SMW requires an unlocked answer of a call, which is much better.

They still need to make it a native option to disable the slide lock, like in 2.1.

kingzee

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Yes, it disables it. And unlike the No Lock widget/app, it doesn't disable the incoming call answer/ignore slide lock, which is good.

CoffeeBreak

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Okay, I've figured out the pattern lock problem. It was a user error, but things weren't clear IMO. When I went to "Set up screen lock" I was presented with the pattern lock. I JUST figured out that it wanted me to put in my pattern BEFORE making changes. Sigh...

Yeah it is unclear...i had the opposite problem the first time. I couldn't figure out why it wasn't presenting the security pattern when I would wake my phone up even though I set it to do so but I missed something cause the options were a little confusing and didn't see the timing option of when to apply it (either after several minutes, hours, or always). Anyway...every product has its quirks and eventually gets fixed. There were lots of inconvenient things with my iPod Touch and my friends' iPhone that were annoying or glitchy and eventually a few software updates practically wound up birthing a seemingly brand new device when all was said and done. This continued all the way through even several new phones after the original iPhone and didn't apply any different to the touch. At least we don't have to hold our phone the "correct" way just to make it work :D

Last edited:

akabigj

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I only wanted to get rid of the slide lock and keep the pattern lock. That app will not do that because it's all or nothing apparently.

akabigj

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
So, any ideas on a better app that simply disables the slide lock? The slide lock has become more and more annoying for me lately. :p

kingzee

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
So, any ideas on a better app that simply disables the slide lock? The slide lock has become more and more annoying for me lately. :p
Quite honestly, I don't care for any of them. The best I've used out of them all is MyLock though. The one thing I dislike about them all is that in most cases you can catch a short glimpse of the lock slide screen, but then it quickly fades away. Yet, I'd prefer to never see this and have Motorola do away with it quickly internally.

I came from a BlackBerry, and one thing I'm definitely appreciating about RIM is that they gave you all of the options to choose how you wanted things. I don't like companies thinking for me if it means I don't have an option to "think" differently.

Tomad9#AC

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Quite honestly, I don't care for any of them. The best I've used out of them all is MyLock though. The one thing I dislike about them all is that in most cases you can catch a short glimpse of the lock slide screen, but then it quickly fades away. Yet, I'd prefer to never see this and have Motorola do away with it quickly internally.

I came from a BlackBerry, and one thing I'm definitely appreciating about RIM is that they gave you all of the options to choose how you wanted things. I don't like companies thinking for me if it means I don't have an option to "think" differently.

I also came from Blackberry (Tour) and when they changed to OS 5 they changed the way the top buttons locked and such and it created such an up roar. Hopefully Motorola with have a software update to address the issue.

Tomad9#AC

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site

I also came from Blackberry (Tour) and when they changed to OS 5 they changed the way the top buttons locked and such and it created such an uproar (RIM was very good at it though). Hopefully Motorola with have a software update to address the issue. It is very annoying, it should just have the ability to disable on incoming calls and messages.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
This is not motorola's doing this is just the way android is set up is was like this on my d1 and the same on my d2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teresa Belmonte