securityfix.apk

jalaazul

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I just looked at my phone and saw this (securityfix.apk) in my notification bar. Has anyone seen this before? What is it? I've gotten ads in my notifications lately, so I'm super paranoid about things right now.
I am rooted.CM7. Last stable release. :)

I did search and google and found nothing clear. Forgive meif this has been answered before.
TIA!
-jala

Ps4601

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
I remember seeing someone post a thread on androidcentral about infected sites that try to get you to download a malicious apk file when they detect the user being on an android device. If you did not download it yourself, post it here and let someone take a look at it.
DO NOT INSTALL IT.

Reactions: jalaazul

HeatGuy

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
I remember seeing someone post a thread on androidcentral about infected sites that try to get you to download a malicious apk file when they detect the user being on an android device. If you did not download it yourself, post it here and let someone take a look at it.
DO NOT INSTALL IT.
Where do I upload it??

Last edited:

HeatGuy

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm an idiot and installed it. I unistalled 3 minutes after but I fear I may have compromised my phone. What can I do now? I still have the URL and the apk.
Help!
Below is the link... DO NOT OPEN, IT HASN'T BEEN CHECKED!!!!

http://supais.com/external/chido-mercancia/wp-content/themes/eGallery/epanel/page_templates/js/diablo-skinz

AGAIN, DON'T INSTALL, I HAVEN'T HAD IT CHECKED!

Last edited:

still83fifty

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
If it was in your notification area, it may be some form of airpush advertising, you may want to go download a app called AirPush Detector..when you open it , it will tell you any and all of the apps that you have downloaded that are using airpush....Otherwise, if your really worried about it, try downloading Avast Mobile Security app, (both airpush detector and Avast are free), it will scan everything on your phone for any known threats. Good luck.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawrick