Seems like V30 is going to be the best phone

Will In SF

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I am just happy we all have so many choices! I have been happy with LG phones. I have had the G3, V10 and Now the V20. I never suffered any of the bootloop issues that others did. I can't wait to pick up a V30 and see how if feels in hand (hurry up LG!). I listen to a lot of music, so the DAC is important to me. I checked out the Note 8 and it is a beautiful phone, but for me it is just too tall...wont fit in half my jeans haha!

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I am just happy we all have so many choices! I have been happy with LG phones. I have had the G3, V10 and Now the V20. I never suffered any of the bootloop issues that others did. I can't wait to pick up a V30 and see how if feels in hand (hurry up LG!). I listen to a lot of music, so the DAC is important to me. I checked out the Note 8 and it is a beautiful phone, but for me it is just too tall...wont fit in half my jeans haha!

Yes.... LG's DACs are impressive.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

Saw the Note 8 too. Didn't really blow me away, it's just a variation of the S8. Can't wait to see the awesome new upgrades.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Those were quite biased impressions. You should get the V30 for sure because you're clearly not going to give the other phones their credit and you're ignoring the V30's faults.

I agree that his comments may seem a bit biased, but they're also very true. I'm waiting for the V30 for all these reasons and because I'll be on T-mobile, and this will be the only device, so far, that will take advantage of their 600mhz system.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I agree that his comments may seem a bit biased, but they're also very true. I'm waiting for the V30 for all these reasons and because I'll be on T-mobile, and this will be the only device, so far, that will take advantage of their 600mhz system.

And are you in area with 600 lighting up any time soon? If not it really doesn't matter.

mbryanr

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Funny.. I have had the G2 thru G4, V10 (audio bliss found), now V20.. And going to get the V30... But then last weekend my girlfriend noted my "selfie" camera sucked-I said "pixelated?" yeah grainy.. (she has a S7 edge)..She won't be impressed with the V30 for that alone. I need a camera to make me look better ;-) what has life become?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I don't get it...I take few selfies but when I do they are fine and yes I have brand new glasses.
One trick you can try is use the wide angle which shoots in Max resolution and hold it closer to you so it doesn't look like a wide angle shot. Using the normal camera is no different than shooting wide and then digitally cropping later where you lose resolution. Also, double check your settings to make sure it's set to 5 megapixels.