Sending Videos

Daniel.Lynch

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
How do I send videos to people over my phone, preferably MMS? My MMS limit is like 2MB and e-mail doesn't seem to work properly unless I'm on Wi-Fi. I don't mind using the extra data, so is there an easy way to send videos?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
So your email doesn't work well on 4G or 3G? Because I would've just suggested you email the video.

You could always take the video, upload it to Google+ or Google Drive, then share it with your friends.

Daniel.Lynch

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
So your email doesn't work well on 4G or 3G? Because I would've just suggested you email the video.

You could always take the video, upload it to Google+ or Google Drive, then share it with your friends.

Well my e-mail works, but it says "uploading" and it seems to only actually upload if I keep the phone awake and on the G-mail app. :(

Maybe I'll try google drive next time.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Keep in mind that video files can be pretty big, and upload speeds over any kind of network tend to be much slower than download speeds. So depending on your speeds and the size of the file, it may take a while to completely upload the video. You can test your speeds using Speedtest.net.

Daniel.Lynch

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Keep in mind that video files can be pretty big, and upload speeds over any kind of network tend to be much slower than download speeds. So depending on your speeds and the size of the file, it may take a while to completely upload the video. You can test your speeds using Speedtest.net.

Right, but I tried sending a 15 second video through G-mail and 2 days later I checked and it still said "Sending..." My speeds are around 10-20 Mbps depending on my location on 4G.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That's strange. I wonder if it has anything to do with your ROMs. Have you tried uploading the video to Google+ or Google Drive and sharing it that way?

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
To send videos in mms format, they must be in mms resolution. Sense will not automatically resize the file for you. In the camera, you would go to menu>video quality> mms. Record the video, choose share, and pick your recipient. You can also share prerecorded mms res videos in the messaging app by selecting the attachment button that looks like a paperclip and select video. I believe it also gives you the option to record from there, in which it may autoselect the maximum mms resolution allowed.

Daniel.Lynch

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
To send videos in mms format, they must be in mms resolution. Sense will not automatically resize the file for you. In the camera, you would go to menu>video quality> mms. Record the video, choose share, and pick your recipient. You can also share prerecorded mms res videos in the messaging app by selecting the attachment button that looks like a paperclip and select video. I believe it also gives you the option to record from there, in which it may autoselect the maximum mms resolution allowed.

I'm on cm so I only have the aosp camera, but I did lower the resolution all the way and still wasn't able to send it.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 4

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm on cm so I only have the aosp camera, but I did lower the resolution all the way and still wasn't able to send it.

Hmm. I didn't use CM for long. Have you tried going through the messaging app and recording from the attachment menu? I know sense automatically chooses the appropriate res, but I don't know if cyanogenmod does :/

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app

Daniel.Lynch

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Hmm. I didn't use CM for long. Have you tried going through the messaging app and recording from the attachment menu? I know sense automatically chooses the appropriate res, but I don't know if cyanogenmod does :/

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app

Yes, it records for two seconds and then says "size limit reached"