Sense Froyo and Swype

Complex Pants

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I got it to work. I was trying to download the installer using the stock browser (flash goodness) but the swype page didn't recognize the browser and wouldn't let me download. Dolphin HD fixed that. Everything is better now. Thanks for all the input.

I do wish swype would format its text prediction more like the stock keyboard so that you can have predictive touch type too. But that is knit picking.

JERAVICIOUS

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Finally got swype working!!! My problem was that I did not fully uninstall and install the app correctly. So this is what I did, and I hope this helps:

1.) menu > applications > manage apps
From there I uninstalled swype and the swype installer

2.) located my swype email with the link to their beta. Once I tapped on the link that swype provided I was directed to their page where the swype installer would download. Wait for the download and open the file.

For some reason it did not do this before, but I'm glad it did and from here I remember doing this when I first got swype.

3.) Once you open the installer swype will ask you to log in. log in

4.) after logging in, you will download the swype application and from here you are golden. Check off swype in the pop up window indicating that you want swype as an input method. After this, you can now re-swype with froyo!

Bic

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Swype is no longer working on my Evo either after installing 2.2. How can I reinstall it when the beta is no longer available?

tekguy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
You should be able to still use the link in your email they sent you to download the installer. I still had the installer on my phone so I uninstalled Swype and then used the installer to reinstall it.

Cowchip

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Finally got swype working!!! My problem was that I did not fully uninstall and install the app correctly. So this is what I did, and I hope this helps:

1.) menu > applications > manage apps
From there I uninstalled swype and the swype installer

2.) located my swype email with the link to their beta. Once I tapped on the link that swype provided I was directed to their page where the swype installer would download. Wait for the download and open the file.

For some reason it did not do this before, but I'm glad it did and from here I remember doing this when I first got swype.

3.) Once you open the installer swype will ask you to log in. log in

4.) after logging in, you will download the swype application and from here you are golden. Check off swype in the pop up window indicating that you want swype as an input method. After this, you can now re-swype with froyo!

This is the routine I had to follow to get it to work on mine as well. As long as you have the invite email you should be good to go.

Gmaxxx

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Working great once you uninstall and reinstall. DO NOT UNISTALL "SWYPE INSTALLER". You dont have to just uninstall Swype and then go to Apps>Swype Installer>(input your username and PW)> Install Swype.

Cubfan

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Worked for me, too. Got Swype back by uninstalling and using Chrome to Phone to send the link from the desktop email to my phone. Nice!

May 17, 2010
Visit site
swype wasn't working for me either so I did an uninstall and reinstalled and it worked...then I rebooted my phone and it stopped working again

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

May 17, 2010
Visit site
So I found out you can just switch the input method back to stock then back to swype and it should work again. still going to have to do it every time you reboot

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

wrecklass

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
So I found out you can just switch the input method back to stock then back to swype and it should work again. still going to have to do it every time you reboot
Thanks for the information. I will let my wife know as she still uses Swype, and this is her biggest concern with Froyo.

I switched to SwiftKey Beta because it is so much more accurate than Swype. I got tired of having to correct so many words, and the pain of entering longer words with Swype. I am a lot faster with SwiftKey because I rarely tap more than two characters before it shows the correct word.

--
Sent on my EVO 4G with Tapatalk

kinster02

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I can't install Swype anymore because it doesn't recognize my phone as an Android device since 2.2...I will just use the Swift keyboard until a fix comes out.

coachdvc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
hmm...funny cuz i didnt have to do anything. swype worked for me immediatley right after i updated to 2.2. I have swype version 1.56.30.7625 maybe that has something to do with it???
Same version for me and everything is working smoothly. I've even rebooted the phone a few times to see if it would break swype and it hasn't.

Gelst

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Ok so I have had a hard time trying to get swype to work.

I have tried several different methods.

1. uninstall swype and leave swype installer on the phone and then reinstall- didnt work

2. uninstall swype and the swype installer and then rebooted my phone. reinstalled the swype installer from the email and then installed swyped- didnt work

3. gave up on swype for now. will try the other one in the market hopefully I'll have better luck with it. Now that I have lived with swype regular typing is a PIA..

Good luck getting swype to work, I wish I could.

digmys

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Really guys? I didnt even have to reinstall after the update, it just works. Maybe I have a newer version that supports 2.2 better? If i remember correctly I downloaded the Nexus One version so maybe try looking for that.

frankiepapa

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I can't install Swype anymore because it doesn't recognize my phone as an Android device since 2.2...I will just use the Swift keyboard until a fix comes out.

I got the same response as have a few others i have seen scattered throughout the forums...I sent a note to Swype but have not gotten anything back!!

Se7enth

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I didn't have to uninstall. I opened a text area, did a long press & changed the keyboard back to the stock one. Then I did it again & chose Swype as the input method. That worked.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
333tmh