Sept 2021 Android 11 UI 3.1 update and AOD glitch?

danielthesea

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys

since updating my Samsung phone yesterday to the Sep 2021 Android 11 UI 3.1 update, my Always on Display has been acting weird, for example, starts switching on and off without touching the screen ( i dont have it always on, just 10 seconds when tapping) same with the finger print sensor icon it's starts blinking.

Its definitely not a problem with the screen as when i use my phone everything works perfectly, its just when the screen is off and especially once tapping to see AOD after the 10 seconds when it should turn off it starts acting up and doing weird things or maybe it won't just turn off and stay on, then go on and off on and off etc for a while.

BTW, if I put it always on instead of tapping to show it works fine.
Of course I tried restarting the phone, clearing the cache and those basic things.

Has anyone experienced something similar since the update? Maybe its not related to the update but it literally started happening after updating and i don't see any other reason, screen is working fine.

Thanks.

Last edited:

danielthesea

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
Nothing, now I tap and it won't disappear after 10 seconds (I'm sure it will do the on/off/on/off too later).
Screen is definitely working fine, I've watched Netflix full screen and it screen was malfunctioning the player controls would show but they didn't. It's an aod thing happening. Thanks

Edit; it has now starting switching on and off after the 10 seconds. ??????

danielthesea

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
"yes", I mean it should be able to work fine not having to disable the fingerprint icon on AOD. But I don't really need it, know where the sensor is.
I've been reading and people had similar issues over the years with aod flickering after OS upgrades. I will let Samsung know (doubt they will care lol)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali