Set Warranty Bit: Kernel boot screen?

A

AC Question

Set Warranty Bit: Kernel boot screen

So a lot of people has this problem, but for me it isn't a problem.
I just used CF-Auto Root with my 6.0.1 gm-900p S5 from Sprint.
Everytime I boot it it says Set Warranty Bit: Kernel.
I don't know if its stuck like that as a splash screen and not an error, or it is simply just a glitch after rooting.
Cause my phone booted 3 times with the Set Warranty Bit after Odin said PASS on my phone, and then it went to the glowing Samsung splash screen. It never said recovery or anything, just yellow text saying, "Set warranty bit: kernel" when booting.
Boots fine.

mehigh101

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
Re: Set Warranty Bit: Kernel boot screen

Welcome to Android Central!
It shows you that you have a custom phone ( rooted ). That's normal. If it boots fine there's no problem.
Best regards,Mikey. I hope you found what you were looking for.
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935F.

RPGFail

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
Is there anyway to get that notification to go away such as unrooting the phone (if that is even possible). I only ask because I have purchased a new phone and would like to sell my old S5 but they wont take it with that notification on... Any suggestions would be great. Thanks. Well I answered my own question it seems just need to use odin to set the stock firmware.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Yes, it will. The update will download and start - then stop when it finds out that the phone is rooted. (Depending on the particular model phone, and the update, it might start updating, then stop, leaving the phone unusable. If you want to prevent updates, freeze or uninstall the updater app. If you want updates, flash the stock ROM [back up everything first, because flashing a ROM wipes all your data and downloaded apps.])