SIII GT-i9305 - nearly bricked...need help please!

ravsta1978

May 19, 2014
Visit site
Hi all...need some help please...

I have a Samsung SIII GT-i9305 model phone on EE in the UK. Went to sleep one night with only little charge in the phone and when i woke up it was just stuck on the Samsung logo. Tried charging it and restarting...each time it would only come back to the same point.

Long story short and after a lot of reading and attempts to fix it, i still cannot boot it up. I can get it into recovery mode and also into download mode. when i try any of the options recovery mode, i keep getting:

E:failed to mount /cache (No such file or directory)
E:failed to mount /system (No such file or directory)
E:failed to mount /data (No such file or directory)
....and this goes all in red and there is a mix of these lines and some with (Block device required).

Odin detects my phone but any file i have tried to flash in the PDA part comes back with "NAND Write Start!! Fail!"
I have tried using adb sideload and although i can get "adb devices" to show a connection tot he phone, any other command always ends with "error: closed"

Is there any way i can mount the internal storage in any other way? Any options to get my data off it? It's currently not rooted or modded in any way. Was running Jelly Bean.

Rav

Saqib Rana

May 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi all...need some help please...

I have a Samsung SIII GT-i9305 model phone on EE in the UK. Went to sleep one night with only little charge in the phone and when i woke up it was just stuck on the Samsung logo. Tried charging it and restarting...each time it would only come back to the same point.

Long story short and after a lot of reading and attempts to fix it, i still cannot boot it up. I can get it into recovery mode and also into download mode. when i try any of the options recovery mode, i keep getting:

E:failed to mount /cache (No such file or directory)
E:failed to mount /system (No such file or directory)
E:failed to mount /data (No such file or directory)
....and this goes all in red and there is a mix of these lines and some with (Block device required).

Odin detects my phone but any file i have tried to flash in the PDA part comes back with "NAND Write Start!! Fail!"
I have tried using adb sideload and although i can get "adb devices" to show a connection tot he phone, any other command always ends with "error: closed"

Is there any way i can mount the internal storage in any other way? Any options to get my data off it? It's currently not rooted or modded in any way. Was running Jelly Bean.

Rav
in a nutshell you need to install custom recovery philliz then wipe data from philiz CR, in advance options you need to format /preload, /data and /system manually, if succeeded then all will be ok..
good luck

ravsta1978

May 19, 2014
Visit site
When i try and install any custom recovery using Odin, i keep getting

NAND Write Start!!
FAIL!!

It is currently unrooted. If i can work out a way to root it, then i might have a chance i think?

ravsta1978

May 19, 2014
Visit site
Just tried Philz custom recovery using the latest .tar.md5 through Odin and still get the:

NAND Write Start!!
FAIL!!

I tried some other versions of Philz but their md5 files are not valid.

I also tried Kies "update firmware and initialisation" today and it said "this devices version cannot be updated". That was after putting my model number and serial number in.

I have also tried formatting a 4GB SD card as FAT32 and then putting the I9305XXUEML5_I9305EVRGML3_EVR.ZIP (official kit kat firmware) file into the root and trying to update through the stock recovery program but the phone does not even browse the external SD card.

any further ideas?

ravsta1978

May 19, 2014
Visit site
Got a little further today. But only as far as installing heimdall and downloading the PIT from my phone. Not sure what i need to be looking for in there to ensure it is all ok?

Still cannot get CWM or Philz installed using Odin. Tried various versions...1.3, 3.06, 3.07, 3.09 - all FAIL. The later ones still come back with NAND Write Start > Fail!!

ravsta1978

May 19, 2014
Visit site
Not getting any traction on this. Today i tried it all from my work PC with new USB drivers and several different versions of Odin. Tried flashing a CWM recovery package (I9305_CWM_Recovery.tar.md5) using Odin and still got the same Nand Write Start!! Fail!! Error.

Any further ideas anyone?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RylanortheAncient