SIII Sprint 4G LTE Speed

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I will reiterate just to clear something up. 10mbps is not worth 50/month. I don't know how anyone can justify that 25/mbps is FAR greater than 15/mbps. It's almost unnoticeable during normal cell phone use.
And I will stick with my hspa+ because it's great. Sprint dropped the ball too many times and made too many broken promises. I bet you enjoy paying that extra 10/month/line "premium charge", huh?
To summarize, the speed difference is not significant enough to make a comparison. My plan is cheaper than overpriced sprint. Sprint doesn't offer 4G in this area. If you don't have 4G, you're lucky to get 60kbps... I get better than that while roaming on 2G with T mobile. There seems there is no downside to my scenario, however for sprint users, the benefit doesn't seem to outweigh the costs for me. Call it "faux g" all you want. I don't mind. I'm enjoying my great high speed mobile Internet while laughing to the bank!! :D:D:D:D

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

EDIT: You seem to be unclear about what "unlimited" means from my previous post. I do in fact get unlimited 4G data at 100/month. Again, I will recommend looking up the Tmobile value plan. They also offer it as a normal plan where you can get a subsidized phone if you so choose. :)
In other words, I'll never be throttled.

U are the ONLY one ive seen call sprint overpriced hahaha. Boy what u smokin because I want some. Sprint is one of the most reliable customer friendly carrier I've been with. And like other buddy said this is a lte thread. And the only reason T-Mobile is unlimited is because of Sprint period. Smh I'll take these speeds over tmo any day

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1357609829295.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357609829295.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 34

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I was wondering, have any of you ever tried calling sprint and guilt-tripping them into getting a discount or something? I mean you purchased a 4G LTE phone and pay premium data but don't even receive it. It feels like something my mom would do if she knew anything about phones, and she'd probably get it to work, being a bit of an angry person.

And FYI EVERY CARRIER charges u extra for smartphone use vzw did it to me so did att. And I didn't have lte like I do now smh lol. I'm in Chicago btw

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
You forgot about taxes.
Oh yeah, Tmobile is getting rid of the normal contract subsidies on phones. They're going straight to "Value Plans" for all. This means on your next upgrade if you aren't already, you'll have that 20 month finance charge added to your bill.

So 2 lines for $49.99 each +taxes, and roughly $15 to $20 extra per line for having to finance your new phones.

Enjoy that $49.99 each line. Don't you feel bad having to pay full price for a new phone just to keep $49.99+tax price point?

UPDATE :
I'm on 3G most of the time by choice. I only use 4GLTE for streaming, downloading, and browsing.

Stock Sprint GSIII lover!

Just to humor you, multiply my old Sprint bill (155ish) by 24. Then multiply 100 by 24. I already explained that we purchased two phones out of contract. I guess you missed that, but I'll lay it out both ways for you. I paid 175 for each phone. That's 350 total for phones... Even if you subsidize the phones at 20/month (which is what Tmobile charges per phone) I'm looking at approx 145 for only 20 months. And the added benefit of 4G. So either way, I come out with extra money in my pocket. Unless, of course, you can't do math, then you obviously won't see that. :)

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
U are the ONLY one ive seen call sprint overpriced hahaha. Boy what u smokin because I want some. Sprint is one of the most reliable customer friendly carrier I've been with. And like other buddy said this is a lte thread. And the only reason T-Mobile is unlimited is because of Sprint period. Smh I'll take these speeds over tmo any day

150 (two lines Sprint) x 24=3600
100 (two lines Tmobile) x 24=2400
That leaves 1200 dollars to purchase my own phones. And I get 4G in my area. Tell me what's not overpriced again...

Pro tip: if you haven't noticed, you can use international versions of any phone on a GSM carrier. You can't do that with CDMA carriers (sprint/verizon)... Have you looked at the phones available as international versions? Take the galaxy s3 for example. International version is much more powerful and has twice as many cores as the Sprint version. So, tell me again where you're winning? Lol

Sprint: http://m.androidcentral.com/sprint-galaxy-s-iii-specs

International (which can be used on Tmobile, not sprint ;)): http://m.gsmarena.com/samsung_i9300_galaxy_s_iii-4238.php

Sorry bro. :cool:

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
That leaves 1200 dollars to purchase my own phones. And I get 4G in my area. Tell me what's not overpriced again...

Pro tip: if you haven't noticed, you can use international versions of any phone on a GSM carrier. You can't do that with CDMA carriers (sprint/verizon)... Have you looked at the phones available as international versions? Take the galaxy s3 for example. International version is much more powerful and has twice as many cores as the Sprint version. So, tell me again where you're winning? Lol

International (which can be used on Tmobile, not sprint ;)): http://m.gsmarena.com/samsung_i9300_galaxy_s_iii-4238.php

And I seriously don't see how u are paying 100 flat for two lines when my x had good credit had to pay 165 for two lines of which u speak of??? And my aunt pays 150 flat for two lines and has the option of keeping her phone on in case she can't pay the bill. I guarantee tmo aren't hearing that neither is vzw or att. That's called good CS. And Ill gladly pay for that.:beer:

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site

And plus I'll take good voice quality over gsm anyday. My grandmother has att and voice quality sucks. Really sucks as in I can't hear her on a cta bus type suck. And plus I'm not leaving the country and if I do then I'll get a cheap gsm so I can tether and use groove ip with my Gnex haha

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
You forgot about taxes.
Oh yeah, Tmobile is getting rid of the normal contract subsidies on phones. They're going straight to "Value Plans" for all. This means on your next upgrade if you aren't already, you'll have that 20 month finance charge added to your bill.

So 2 lines for $49.99 each +taxes, and roughly $15 to $20 extra per line for having to finance your new phones.

Enjoy that $49.99 each line. Don't you feel bad having to pay full price for a new phone just to keep $49.99+tax price point?

UPDATE :
I'm on 3G most of the time by choice. I only use 4GLTE for streaming, downloading, and browsing.

Not sure why you made this up. But let me drive home my points one last time. :)
I have a 107ish/month bill. (source: I get the bill. You don't. Don't make up stuff.)
I have extremely fast 4G.
I can use the most powerful phones in the world.

And I'm out guys. I only wanted to insert a little visibility in here. I don't want to start any arguments or have the thread closed. So, I've driven home my points. I'm bowing out so all the overpaying Sprint LTE fan boys can get in this again. You can have the last word. Doesn't bother me. Again, thanks for letting me posts guys. I'll be at the bank. :cool:

EDIT: somebody had to ask a dumb question. Sooo. I promise. One last helpful post. ;)

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
And I seriously don't see how u are paying 100 flat for two lines when my x had good credit had to pay 165 for two lines of which u speak of??? And my aunt pays 150 flat for two lines and has the option of keeping her phone on in case she can't pay the bill. I guarantee tmo aren't hearing that neither is vzw or att. That's called good CS. And Ill gladly pay for that.:beer:

You must not be able to read very well. I have stated in multiple post that it's the Tmobile VALUE PLAN that is 100/month. See what i did there? Here: t-mobile.com

And I'm out!!

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
OK and I don't see the value in that plan once the no sub deal come in affect :D:beer:

Hot94Z28

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I get great speeds on Verizon I would thing about sprint but they don't even have service where live
avytaju4.jpg

DWR_31

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
You win...

But I would never buy a phone that was under $300 off contract. Those phones aren't even top of the line. (Notice how I said under $300)

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Bask and others just take a chill pill. This thread isn't about who is better (Sprint or T mobile)... It's simply about people who are getting 4g LTE from Sprint on their phones and what speeds...

Please don't turn this into a versus thread. Everything on these forums seems to turn into a versus which gets VERY old.

I don't go troll T mobile sections or ATT/Verizon ones to quote why I like Sprint more........ Will I go help with PHONE issues in other carriers areas? Sure we can do that... But specific carrier things I don't run in and try to throw a jab or brag about why I have something over the carrier.

You chose your carrier.. Grats.. Enjoy it. Keep the thread on topic and not on turning it into who is better. In the end everyone loses... Why? It's an OPINION and people can't be wrong if they think something is better than the other... It's their opinion.

Thanks.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums

Keith Patrick

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Bask and others just take a chill pill. This thread isn't about who is better (Sprint or T mobile)... It's simply about people who are getting 4g LTE from Sprint on their phones and what speeds...

Please don't turn this into a versus thread. Everything on these forums seems to turn into a versus which gets VERY old.

I don't go troll T mobile sections or ATT/Verizon ones to quote why I like Sprint more........ Will I go help with PHONE issues in other carriers areas? Sure we can do that... But specific carrier things I don't run in and try to throw a jab or brag about why I have something over the carrier.

You chose your carrier.. Grats.. Enjoy it. Keep the thread on topic and not on turning it into who is better. In the end everyone loses... Why? It's an OPINION and people can't be wrong if they think something is better than the other... It's their opinion.

Thanks.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums

I was just about to post the same thing. I started this thread to compare Sprint LTE speeds on the GSIII, not start a war.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

parout66

May 27, 2010
Visit site
What Sprint is doing (and this is purely hear-say) is upgrading there towers to switch seamlessly between basic, 3g and LTE coverage depending on which tower you connect to. By doing this you will experience a more dependable network like ATT's or Verizons. Granted they are a bit late to the ball game but as they say "better late than never." I will be much happier receiving unlimited data when Sprint finally goes wide-spread with their LTE. But I have to say. I bought the Evo 4G when it first came out and was disappointed that there was no 4g coverage anywhere near me. I live in STL and have seen 4g only once and it showed up and left as quick as it came. So I got the S3, Love the phone but, I am a cable technician and I am required to use my phone to enter data for the company. And I am frequently losing signal or have a spotty and slow connection in some area's. Hell one day It said I had 4 bars and my browser kept saying no connection. I'm sure they were working on their networks in that area. I've been a Sprint customer for a long time. And will continue to be one. It doesn't matter if you finish first in the race. It matters that you finish the race period. And by sprint taking their time and watching what the other carriers are doing is actually a wise decision. This has been a proven strategy for other companies as well, Take Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft for instance. When Sega released the DreamCast it was awesome. But the other three sat back and built off of Sega's Ideas and came out with the best three gaming consoles ever imagined. That is why there hasn't been a new system since 2005 when the Xbox 360 was released. That is until Recently when Nintendo unveiled their Wii U console.

I know this isn't a video game website, I used that scenario as an example of the point I was trying to get across.

Just a thought, I am in Nashville and before Sprint started deploying the LTE network the 3g network sucked. Worst then it ever had before. As they began to light up the LTE and newer provisioned 3g gear, when on 3g I notice a great difference in the 3g speed prior to this process. You could be experiencing this in your region. It gets worse before it gets better. At least that is what I experienced.

Keith Patrick

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Work has begun on the 4G LTE network in the following additional areas:
? Albany, GA
? Anderson, SC
? Bay City, MI
? Branson, MO
? Bremerton/Silverdale, WA
? Columbus, GA
? Columbus, MS
? Decatur, AL
? Florence/Muscle Shoals, AL
? Gadsden, AL
? Gaffney, SC
? Gettysburg, PA
? Glasgow, KY
? Homosassa Springs, FL
? Hot Springs, AR
? Lake City, FL
? Lake Havasu City/Kingman, AZ
? Midland, MI
? Nacogdoches, TX
? Opelousas/Eunice, LA
? Oxford, MS
? Paris, TX
? Pittsfield, MA
? Saginaw, MI
? Spartanburg, SC
? The Villages, FL
? Waycross, GA
? Winona, MN

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Minor correction to what you said.

That list isn't a list of areas that are starting to be worked on, that list is a list of cities that are officially launched.

Generally launch means that they are between 40-60% done and stable.

This is why you see the smaller cities launched before the larger. It is easier to cover 40% of gettysburg then it is to cover 40% of philly

Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joeyblack