Simple root

MikeCamp91

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm thinking of rooting my device but only so I can use certain apps that require me to have root access. I don't want to mess with any roms or anything. Could anyone direct me to the simplest way to get root access on my Nexus 7?

MikeCamp91

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I need some help I've gotten to the point of where my bootloader is unlocked but I'm having troubles understanding some of the instructions for the next part. When it says to "Download this version of SUPER SU. Place the super su file on your tablet's SD CARD where you will be able to find it again." Does it mean the entire folder or just the 'Superuser.apk' file? I don't want to anything up here

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I need some help I've gotten to the point of where my bootloader is unlocked but I'm having troubles understanding some of the instructions for the next part. When it says to "Download this version of SUPER SU. Place the super su file on your tablet's SD CARD where you will be able to find it again." Does it mean the entire folder or just the 'Superuser.apk' file? I don't want to anything up here

The entire .zip... only a .zip file can be flashed in recovery. The zip contains the su binary as well as the apk, and both need to be installed to grant you root access. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lillly