Sky Raider 3.0 has been released!!!

eRod v1.0

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Dang, I'll have to wait until I get back into town or home on wifi. I'm out in the boonies at work and can't get a good 3G signal.

crump13

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Dang, I'll have to wait until I get back into town or home on wifi. I'm out in the boonies at work and can't get a good 3G signal.

I have a bad 3g signal at work as well so I'm going to wait until I get home so I can do it on wifi.

This will be my first ROM update after the initial SR 2.5.2 install, so since I have my CPU oc'd to 1.113 should I set it back to default before I flash or will that happen on it's own when I wipe everything?

I'll be using ROM manager for the update and I have already done the Titanium app and data back up.

NoobTube

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I have a bad 3g signal at work as well so I'm going to wait until I get home so I can do it on wifi.

This will be my first ROM update after the initial SR 2.5.2 install, so since I have my CPU oc'd to 1.113 should I set it back to default before I flash or will that happen on it's own when I wipe everything?

It should be stock because whatever program (set cpu) you are using to OC will be uninstalled..

Its taking forever to DL tho...80% thru RM...PC was just as slow

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site

I'll be using ROM manager for the update and I have already done the Titanium app and data back up.

It's running the KingXKernel #2 by default. So you should be set to stock when you flash. Think of it as reinstalling Windows, nothing is the way it was before until you reset it up!

Downloading now that I got my clients took care of for the day! Hope it's worth it.

(BTW the pc download link is not working now.)

yea i've been at it for almost a half hour now and am still only at 22% in RM, the others i downloaded took maybe a minute or two

Yeah mine is taking forever too. Most of them take just a few minutes and I'm done, on WiFi. Have a 30Mbit connection so speed isn't an issue, however with the number of people downloading it right now I guess it may be slow as all get out.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
thats ok, it is now on the front page of the xda forum from the 1st page of this thread.

Yup it's working again! Lemme see how fast it's downloading that way. Through RM it's slow as heck. I would assume that it's the same link. WOW 27Kbps says it will take an hour to download. Eck. This is making me want to reach out and offer him some web hosting that can hold up to the numbers.....

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I plan on staying with the King #2 because #3 has stability issues with a large number of people. They are basically the same kernel with the exception of voltage changes at the higher OC's. I'm at 20% download done.....wishing it would go faster interested in seeing if the new ROM improves my scores in Neocore, Linpack, and quadrant!

NoobTube

May 5, 2010
Visit site
NoobTube let me know what kernel you try and the results :)

My phone hated the Hydras, I switched to kingxklik#2 on 2.5.2 and it worked great...decent battery improvement...

I may let it run for a day on the kxk#2 that comes w/ this rom for a day or two before trying #3...ihtfp69 said he had issues w/#3 tho...

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I was up to 80% and then bumped the clear button on the notification screen and it stopped the download :( now I'm back up to 50%.

King 2 was the first one I planned on trying since it worked well with 2.5.2

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
My phone hated the Hydras, I switched to kingxklik#2 on 2.5.2 and it worked great...decent battery improvement...

I may let it run for a day on the kxk#2 that comes w/ this rom for a day or two before trying #3...ihtfp69 said he had issues w/#3 tho...

Yeah the only Hydra I could run on my phone was the Overvolted 1.113 or the SS/UV. With King #1 /#2 I was able to run an undervolted 1.113 overclock with a really nice gain over hydra on battery life even at stock speed undervolt! Pushed me out to 20 hours on my 1750.

If the ROM cooker is telling you he had issues with #3, then it's worth trying just don't expect it to work right. Expect the best plan for the worst kind of situation.