Sky Raider 3.0 has been released!!!

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Well I tried out SR 3.0 RC3 this morning. Not impressed. It seems he is weighting it down with too much stuff now. All the skinable bars etc are nice for the people waning it. However, maybe it's me being on vanilla for so long, it seems too bloated. Even with a 1.115 OC my phones battery gets killed, the phone is still slower than it could be, and all the default sense stuff is there. Just not what I would call an optimized ROM. I score lower in the benchmarks than I did with SR 2.5.2 or the optimized version of my ROM.

Going back to my nandroid of my ROM until CM 6.0.1 comes out hopefully later today. I think it will be the ultimate ROM once koush and the boys get it all figured out.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Your right for once koush gets CM working it will be the best vanilla rom available but I'm kinda taking a liking to Sense. Just installed RC3 and want to play around with it for a few days. I like the option to customize the right dock button maybe now I won't need another launcher.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Your right for once koush gets CM working it will be the best vanilla rom available but I'm kinda taking a liking to Sense. Just installed RC3 and want to play around with it for a few days. I like the option to customize the right dock button maybe now I won't need another launcher.

Yeah it's pretty nice if you like Sense. I like sense but 'since' using launcherpro I prefer how I can customize every button on the dock. It saves my homescreen layout when / if I need to use titanium backup on another ROM and all that jazz.

My gripe with the Sense is ALL the stuff it has to run in the background that I don't use or want. I want a perfectly working aosp ROM stat!

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I noticed my quadrant score drop a bit using RC3. I will give it a few days and as long as I don't notice a performance drop or battery problem I just might keep it for awhile.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I noticed my quadrant score drop a bit using RC3. I will give it a few days and as long as I don't notice a performance drop or battery problem I just might keep it for awhile.

In my opinion, if you are a Sense guy and want that mapable button SR 3.0 RC3 is the way to go. However if you just want Sense I would try out Virtuous. Or if you want Vanilla go Cyanogen Mod! Only issue with Cyanogen that has popped up for me so far is the 8GB of internal storage isn't mounted. But I can ignore that as I only used it for BS stuff I can move to the SD.

kcannon

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Stupid Question, but How Can I tell what kernel I am using? and which one should I be using with 3.0, my battery has suckeddd recently :(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Summer_glow