Slingplayer Mobile

jwn66

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Is it worth it to buy the tablet version for my note 8.0? Or is there not that much difference between it and the mobile version that I already bought for the s4?

Posted via Android Central App via Gs4

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Is it worth it to buy the tablet version for my note 8.0? Or is there not that much difference between it and the mobile version that I already bought for the s4?

Posted via Android Central App via Gs4
Are you able to install the non-tablet version? Sometimes you can't, other times you can. If so, and it's manageable, then don't worry about the tablet enhanced. I'm usually all for installing the tablet designed apps to make my user experience better. :)

tmozer

May 29, 2011
Visit site
I just received and hooked up the Slingbox M1. I also installed Slingplayer for Android on my Galaxy S4. All works fine except an issue I have with the Slingplayer for Mobile app. With the software on my laptop I have the full remote for my cable box and can turn it on and off. However there seems to be no way (I can find) to turn the cable on (or off) with the Slingplayer app. I really don't want to have to leave my cable box on all the time. Am I missing something or is this a shortcoming of the Slingplayer app?

tmozer

May 29, 2011
Visit site
As it turns out I was missing something. One of the square tiles when the remote is activated is marked "CBL". That is what turns the cable box on and off.

I also discovered that installing the same version I installed on my Galaxy S4 phone on my ASUS android tablet works just fine on the tablet. Glad I did not pay another $15 for the "tablet" version!