Smart Lock Is a Pathetic Joke.

anon(3957970)

Sep 26, 2016
Visit site
It's been since May that this topic was discussed. Thought I'd see if anyone has been able solve the problem. Any luck??
Why, why, why is it so difficult to keep the phone unlocked while within my personal geo-space, or another trusted place???? What does it take, 3 lines of code? It seems unfathomable that something so simple is such a CF.
Just as elementary would be, if I'm connected to my wifi, do not lock the phone. Near as I can tell, that's not even an option.
Any new revelations?

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
I don't use geographic function. I use Bluetooth function and it works fine. Especially when I'm in my car. That's the only place that I worry about it staying unlocked.

andytiedye

Oct 12, 2017
Visit site
It's been since May that this topic was discussed. Thought I'd see if anyone has been able solve the problem. Any luck??
Why, why, why is it so difficult to keep the phone unlocked while within my personal geo-space, or another trusted place???? What does it take, 3 lines of code? It seems unfathomable that something so simple is such a CF.
Just as elementary would be, if I'm connected to my wifi, do not lock the phone. Near as I can tell, that's not even an option.
Any new revelations?
Yeah, unlock by lan rarely works, so rarely thatI am surprised when it does.

Perryinjax

May 23, 2015
Visit site
I did find a solution that works.. it said to go in and change/edit the geofence location ever so slightly, which i find myself doing DAILY. That often is RIDICULOUS and more trouble than just unlocking my phone here at home.
If they aren't going to bother fixing "Trusted Places" it should not even be an option.
Trusted Places obviously does not work properly and THEY NEED TO FIX IT because i paid the crazy high price for a FLAGSHIP phone, such that I should be able to use a relatively CHEAP TO FIX problem with an easy few lines of code in an update. But i guess they've already got my money, so why bother fixing this model when their programmers are busy coding up the next slightly different generation of phone such that this one will no longer be the latest AND simple features not work too! Yay, not!

Last edited:

Perryinjax

May 23, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, unlock by lan rarely works, so rarely thatI am surprised when it does.

Same. I'm absolutely SHOCKED when i'm at home and my phone stays unlocked using this feature. It VERY RARELY works, even though i have THREE "trusted places" set... my home address, plus a geofence that is centered on my home, and another geofence a few meters different.
It needs attention. It does not keep my phone unlocked.

Perryinjax

May 23, 2015
Visit site
I don't use geographic function. I use Bluetooth function and it works fine. Especially when I'm in my car. That's the only place that I worry about it staying unlocked.

Those of us that don't use Bluetooth dont want to have to keep that battery draining function on just to be able to use the smartlock feature.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KZCY