So after being hacked repeatedly. . .

hurrysteam

Mar 21, 2021
Visit site
So after being hacked repeatedly. . . 3 times over a period of 6 months. Ive lost confidence in how.to secure my phone from any further attacks. So I figured Id just post my entire apk list. And see what you ladies and gents take on it is. . . Last time i pressed update on a software update and immedietly someone punched in my sim and phone pin without any input from me after the boot up. It "felt" as if they simply cloned my screen and just hijacked most of my accounts linked to samsung, google and hotmail. Password recovery battle ensued... I got a SM-G980F/DS... With no games and all accounts had 2-step verification via sms and/or authenticators.

And oh I could hear two or more people audibly cheer when I made a data back-up on Samsungs cloud storage, So I promptly removed said back-up and just went for my last option, wipe the phone in hopes they'd not done too much damage. Someone said s***, and I took that as a small victory blocked my credit cards etc and just bowed out from the internet... Sadly I've yet to recover my main gmail. Which was essentially crippled when they removed or changed the recovery e-mail. And me removing all the authenticators. It's been alil more than a month and with my hotmail the only thing recovered. Let's just say the times be not good.

Have fun speculating as to what they did. Below I've linked my entire sys app library as far as I know. Screenshot pasted to snag.gy

Aside from the sys app I basically only had outlook, googles and microsofts authenticator and some bank apps chrome and samsung browser.. No games or 3rd party software ever installed as far as I know. Obviously that's not the case, I hope.

Have a good one everyone. I'll respond to any further questions you might have as they come up to the best of my ability.

EDIT: Forgot to add the link with the screenshot...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210321-191507_Malwarebytes.jpg
    Screenshot_20210321-191507_Malwarebytes.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I moved this from the Software Development & Hacking forum (the "Hacking" part of that forum title isn't intended to be about malicious hacking/cybercrime) to the Android Security Talk forum.

Last time i pressed update on a software update and immedietly someone punched in my sim and phone pin without any input from me after the boot up.

I'm not sure what this means -- can you explain a bit more about what happened and why you think someone else entered some credentials?

SMS 2-factor authentication is actually not that secure, since the SMS can be intercepted -- when possible, use an authenticator app.

Did you also speak to your carrier about perhaps changing your number and getting a new SIM card? And you also made sure you changed your carrier account password to something impossible to guess?

Your app list didn't post, by the way.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
So after being hacked repeatedly. . . 3 times over a period of 6 months. Ive lost confidence in how.to secure my phone from any further attacks. So I figured Id just post my entire apk list. And see what you ladies and gents take on it is. . . Last time i pressed update on a software update and immedietly someone punched in my sim and phone pin without any input from me after the boot up. It "felt" as if they simply cloned my screen and just hijacked most of my accounts linked to samsung, google and hotmail. Password recovery battle ensued... I got a SM-G980F/DS... With no games and all accounts had 2-step verification via sms and/or authenticators.

And oh I could hear two or more people audibly cheer when I made a data back-up on Samsungs cloud storage, So I promptly removed said back-up and just went for my last option, wipe the phone in hopes they'd not done too much damage. Someone said s***, and I took that as a small victory blocked my credit cards etc and just bowed out from the internet... Sadly I've yet to recover my main gmail. Which was essentially crippled when they removed or changed the recovery e-mail. And me removing all the authenticators. It's been alil more than a month and with my hotmail the only thing recovered. Let's just say the times be not good.

Have fun speculating as to what they did. Below I've linked my entire sys app library as far as I know. Screenshot pasted to snag.gy

Aside from the sys app I basically only had outlook, googles and microsofts authenticator and some bank apps chrome and samsung browser.. No games or 3rd party software ever installed as far as I know. Obviously that's not the case, I hope.

Have a good one everyone. I'll respond to any further questions you might have as they come up to the best of my ability.

EDIT: Forgot to add the link with the screenshot...

Hi, welcome to AC!

Your screen shot looks like missing information you like to provide.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The screenshot appears to be a superlong scrolling screenshot that does not reproduce well on this forum.

Nerdkel77

Oct 7, 2022
Visit site
Hurrysteam, thank you for sharing this. In the eye of the storm, it can feel pretty lonely like no one gets it & no one believes that total personal security breaches are happening. Where I live in a huge city, yes they have a technology divisions for crimes involving technology. I considered going to the police, but I know they have bigger & tougher cases. I know my safety is important and if I felt like they would really listen & not dismiss because they are over worked or understaffed, I would call them. I know these things have occured and affected my life & my trust in many areas.

My best example- I purchased 2 iphones with TMobile. Within no time, they both were acting up. I took them to the Apple store. They examined one. The guy looked at me for what seemed like a minute. Then he said,"Ma'am I don't know how to say this, so we will give you 2 new phones and if this occured again, we will consider it an "environmental threat." Basically, if it happens again, they won't do anything about it. I had been told prior to this that Apple couldn't be hacked. Bad info? It did end up happening again and there I was with 2 unusable phones and a balance with TMobile. Not good times. I get it.

Last edited:

Mr Bojangles1

Oct 29, 2019
Visit site
If you are being hacked repeatedly then most likely it's your accounts that are hacked. You should just start fresh with brand new email accounts and a factory reset.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If you are being hacked repeatedly then most likely it's your accounts that are hacked. You should just start fresh with brand new email accounts and a factory reset.

Or it could've been a SIM swap attack -- this was being reported on T-Mobile accounts for a while until they modified their account sign-in security recently.

Mr Bojangles1

Oct 29, 2019
Visit site
Or it could've been a SIM swap attack -- this was being reported on T-Mobile accounts for a while until they modified their account sign-in security recently.

TMobile was also hacked recently with tons of info stolen including name, address, social security, password, etc. Happened to me. Something to look into if you have T-Mobile. They offer McAfee identity theft protection for free, but that's just monitoring. I suggest contacting T-Mobile and bringing it to their attention what you think is happening. If it's a sim swap then they will have records of someone pretending to be you and switching your number to another sim. Unless there is another way this is done.

Ben xfg

Nov 12, 2019
Visit site
Hurrysteam, thank you for sharing this. In the eye of the storm, it can feel pretty lonely like no one gets it & no one believes that total personal security breaches are happening. Where I live in a huge city, yes they have a technology divisions for crimes involving technology. I considered going to the police, but I know they have bigger & tougher cases. I know my safety is important and if I felt like they would really listen & not dismiss because they are over worked or understaffed, I would call them. I know these things have occured and affected my life & my trust in many areas.

My best example- I purchased 2 iphones with TMobile. Within no time, they both were acting up. I took them to the Apple store. They examined one. The guy looked at me for what seemed like a minute. Then he said,"Ma'am I don't know how to say this, so we will give you 2 new phones and if this occured again, we will consider it an "environmental threat." Basically, if it happens again, they won't do anything about it. I had been told prior to this that Apple couldn't be hacked. Bad info? It did end up happening again and there I was with 2 unusable phones and a balance with TMobile. Not good times. I get it.

I'm curious how you'd further describe "acting up"?

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site

Doesn't TMobile require a valid photo ID? I know Verizon made it a requirement back in 14/15 that we couldn't log into an account, switch phones, etc unless the customer presented a valid photo ID due to the amount of fraud happening.

Mr Bojangles1

Oct 29, 2019
Visit site
Doesn't TMobile require a valid photo ID? I know Verizon made it a requirement back in 14/15 that we couldn't log into an account, switch phones, etc unless the customer presented a valid photo ID due to the amount of fraud happening.

If you go in to a store then they ask you to verify with an ID, but if you are calling over the phone they ask a few verifying questions and require a 6 digit passcode that you created for verification. They have "account takeover protection" which is basically the 6 digit passcode, last 4 of social, birthday verification in order to make any changes to the account.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Also, T-Mobile finally started allowing use of an authenticator app as well when logging into your account online. Before, I think the only 2-factor available was via SMS.

The_Woo

Aug 22, 2020
Visit site
In today's technology world, it's truly hard to say where you can get hacked, unless there is direct proof. I've had my bank accounts hacked, ebay hacked, and most recently my SSN was stolen. Now all 3 of my credit bureaus are frozen. Been a nightmare.

I personally think it was from my phone. But then again I use apps, credit cards, and transaction machines all over the place.

Monitor your credit, check your accounts daily and freeze your credit bureaus (it's free).

Good luck to everyone and anyone who is going through this....

Orfan

Dec 12, 2019
Visit site
"Audible cheering", huh? That would freak me the hell out. Sounds like a sloppy bunch. Juvenile or noob bad actors that forgot to turn the mic off or something. They could've been practicing, trying out hacking software or something but doesn't seem as if they actually hacked or cracked anything if they cheered after the backup. Cheering for handing them the new credentials to ur account(s)? If they can see ur backup, why would they need it if they've already infiltrated ur system? Why or what are they cheering for?! Also, did u have speaker phone on or where u in an extremely noiseless place, when that happened? Had u been hanging out with the tambourine man or Quinn (the eskimo) prior?

Sent from my moto g power (2022) using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38