So, ARE We Being Listened To?

Stephen Borg

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
Just turn the silicone cover upside down when you want to close the phones mic. And you re free to talk

Posted via the Android Central App

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
If they want to listen to me go ahead, they'd get so bored in 60 seconds they'd probably rethink the initiative.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Okay, let's allow ourselves to get paranoid. It would be good to have sliding lens covers or similar over our phones' camera lenses to protect them. But no. Have you ever wondered why? IT IS SO THAT AT ANY TIME, THE CAMERAS CAN BE ACTIVATED BY SECURITY AGENCIES FOR SURVEILLANCE PURPOSES. WE CAN BE FACIALLY IDENTIFIED VIA THE FRONT CAMERA, AND OUR LOCATION SEEN VIA THE REAR ONE.

....Well, I'd like to think that it might be so, but I suspect that it is simply for the sake of smooth, clutter-free styling. :(

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Yes, they have a room the size of a large stadium where thousands of secret government employees are watching all hundreds of millions of us at a time. Sounds realistic........relax.......take a deep breath........ooooohhhhhmmmmmmmm.......

chewyboy0

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
I honestly don't think we're being spied on so I don' think we have anything to worry about...but on the other hand there is always a chance that they are :eek:

carlarcher

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
I think we'll be surprised if we knew all (computers and people) that are listening, looking for "keywords" and probably a lot more.

mth785

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
If someone is listening to my phone I apologize for snoring so loud. (P.S. It was my friend who had the gas last night not me.)

DDewar53

May 19, 2016
Visit site
True story - 2 weeks ago I was talking to my wife on my mobile, and we started talking about one of the candidates in the presidential race. Not going to mention any names, but the candidate we were discussing has had past interactions with governmental agencies. I said a few uncomplementary things about this candidate, my phone beeped 3 times and dropped the call. I called the wife back, we picked up our conversation where we left off and another 3 beeps and dropped call. I was at home, so called her back on the LL and we didn't mention the primary races or candidates again, were able to finish our conversation with no other issues.

Coincidence? You decide...

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
True story - 2 weeks ago I was talking to my wife on my mobile, and we started talking about one of the candidates in the presidential race. Not going to mention any names, but the candidate we were discussing has had past interactions with governmental agencies. I said a few uncomplementary things about this candidate, my phone beeped 3 times and dropped the call. I called the wife back, we picked up our conversation where we left off and another 3 beeps and dropped call. I was at home, so called her back on the LL and we didn't mention the primary races or candidates again, were able to finish our conversation with no other issues.

Coincidence? You decide...

Coincidence. The phone beeping 3 times means the call was ended a.k.a dropped call if you either of you didn't actually face hit the screen.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
That three beeps means signal was lost do to low signal strength. Happening twice in a row means that you were in the same place the second time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roth4796