So far, my G7 has been great

Nubwy

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
It's been about two weeks with my G7 ThinQ. I love it so far. The only gripe I have is battery life but it's still easily getting me through a whole day. I had a G6 I regretted trading for a Pixel that ended up burning me in the long run. Glad I made the choice to stick with LG. Solid phones and a great UI. Love it! How's everyone else's holding up?

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
It's been about two weeks with my G7 ThinQ. I love it so far. The only gripe I have is battery life but it's still easily getting me through a whole day. I had a G6 I regretted trading for a Pixel that ended up burning me in the long run. Glad I made the choice to stick with LG. Solid phones and a great UI. Love it! How's everyone else's holding up?

Great to know you went back to LG and glad you like the phone. Give it some time for battery to improve, takes a while to recognize your habits. What do you like most about the phone compared to say the Pixel?

Nubwy

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
Great to know you went back to LG and glad you like the phone. Give it some time for battery to improve, takes a while to recognize your habits. What do you like most about the phone compared to say the Pixel?

Well I had a Pixel 2 that crashed and burned a while back. It just crashed and said the OS was corrupt and factory resets did not fix the issue. I had a mid range Motorola phone until the G7 came out and then I decided I was going back to LG. LG makes solid phones and I've never had issues out of them like I've had with Samsung's and Google phones. It's on par with my iPhone Experience.

biswasd

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Well I had a Pixel 2 that crashed and burned a while back. It just crashed and said the OS was corrupt and factory resets did not fix the issue. I had a mid range Motorola phone until the G7 came out and then I decided I was going back to LG. LG makes solid phones and I've never had issues out of them like I've had with Samsung's and Google phones. It's on par with my iPhone Experience.

Ditto for me.....selling my iphone X......love this g7....used to have a G6 as well, but night day in terms of performance / speed and the g-damn screen is incredible, sharp, and bright A-F.

:)

P.S. works great with the $70 Verizon Wear 24 LTE watch that I bought from dailysteals....

Last edited:

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

I sorta feel the same way, not saying this because I own an LG too. I've used Samsung for 6 years, I've always encountered problems after owning them. I always end up selling my flagship phones, but I plan to keep my LG phones indefinitely. I'm actually thinking about the G7, it's the only phone that isn't boring and is built pretty solid.

Do you have any screen protectors or cases for it yet?

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Ditto for me.....selling my iphone X......love this g7....used to have a G6 as well, but night day in terms of performance / speed and the g-damn screen is incredible, sharp, and bright A-F.

P.S. works great with the $70 Verizon Wear 24 LTE watch that I bought from dailysteals....

The G6 to G7 was a pretty big improvement IMO, More efficient processor, more RAM, added features such as a Quad DAC + sound chamber. All other flagships didn't seem that much different than their predecessor.

idon12no

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
There are some weird screen scaling issues, that are not really that big a deal, and I have the screen bleed issue that I can live with for now, but if there was one thing I could change, besides giving the G7 a larger battery, I would have LG do something about the space you lose on the home page just to have page dots. I wish the page dots were handled in a different way that would give us another row of icons instead of an ugly gap.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
There are some weird screen scaling issues, that are not really that big a deal, and I have the screen bleed issue that I can live with for now, but if there was one thing I could change, besides giving the G7 a larger battery, I would have LG do something about the space you lose on the home page just to have page dots. I wish the page dots were handled in a different way that would give us another row of icons instead of an ugly gap.
I'm assuming a launcher is not a consideration? From my experience, LG phones make for a great stock Android experience with the right setup. Or, make your own UI?

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I've always used Nova Launcher Prime on all Android devices, even those that ran stock Android. Additionally, I use custom icons (Lines). As a result, I have the same features whether using Nexus, Moto or LG devices.

phillymade

Mar 31, 2011
glennsilvasy.blogspot.com
I am super happy with my G7. Infact, we bought an LG Thinq TV and it promted me to get the G7. I have had LG devices before and loved them, so thought this would be a good time to come back. Battery life is good and gets better every week but am also not a slave to it, I just use my device and don't think too much about it. I am happy that I have this device and am sick of hearing all the negative about it (bad reviews, thread post and such). Great device and great choice. Nothing bad to say on my end.

pastafarian

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Compared to the 2 Samsung s7e's our g7's replaced, this phone has been a revelation. Far less frustrating with no black screen of death issues. It works perfectly with android auto, something that couldn't say about the S7. My wife no longer having the all too common pink vertical stripe on her screen is also nice (damn you Samsung!). On the negative side, a few too meany app crash notifications that don't seem to mean anything and there's no photosphere mode nor does Google Camera work with this phone.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

Are you talking about the aspect ratio? Yeah most apps haven't adopted it yet

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I am super happy with my G7. Infact, we bought an LG Thinq TV and it promted me to get the G7. I have had LG devices before and loved them, so thought this would be a good time to come back. Battery life is good and gets better every week but am also not a slave to it, I just use my device and don't think too much about it. I am happy that I have this device and am sick of hearing all the negative about it (bad reviews, thread post and such). Great device and great choice. Nothing bad to say on my end.

Nice what's so special about the ThinQ LG TV? Is it just branding like what Google did with the Pixel? I kinda want to upgrade to an LG TV.. had a Samsung TV, while nice it didn't last very long (planned obsolescence maybe)? Don't think I'll be getting Samsung again..

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Compared to the 2 Samsung s7e's our g7's replaced, this phone has been a revelation. Far less frustrating with no black screen of death issues. It works perfectly with android auto, something that couldn't say about the S7. My wife no longer having the all too common pink vertical stripe on her screen is also nice (damn you Samsung!). On the negative side, a few too meany app crash notifications that don't seem to mean anything and there's no photosphere mode nor does Google Camera work with this phone.

Android O is still fairly new, give the crashes some time (maybe send the crash report in so they can fix them). Be patient, the developer that made the Google Pixel 2 camera available for LG last time will probably make an update for the new phones.. thanks the smart devs that do all these things.. Keep a look out for it!

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I've always used Nova Launcher Prime on all Android devices, even those that ran stock Android. Additionally, I use custom icons (Lines). As a result, I have the same features whether using Nexus, Moto or LG devices.

I actually like the default LG launcher. While kinda boring, it's pretty fast and straight forward. I like using Nova launcher sometimes and use the icon packs to customize everything.

The Pixel 2 home launcher was also released for download (.apk file) if anyone wanted to use that default launcher:
https://www.xda-developers.com/rootless-pixel-launcher-google-feed/

Then download the Pixel 2 icon pack for free:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.themezilla.pixelui

Then go to the Pixel launcher settings and select the icon pack (long press the home screen for settings to pop up). There you go: stock Android. Should be compatible on ANY Android phone.

Be patient, I think a dev is working on releasing the Pixel 2 camera app for phones with 845 Snapdragon CPUs.. check back later.

LG Knock won't work on any other launcher except LG's launcher, unless you double tap the notification bar, it will work.

Last edited:

corelle.williamson

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I left my iphoneX as well this is my first jump back into Android since Galaxy s6 I like it but trying to love the camera in auto my iPhone photos was damn near perfect in portrait mode! I have been getting subpare photes compared to my IPx but I'm still learning this phone end and out. Like for example it scales the photes to 4mega pixels in low light mode I didn't know that! And when you use full screen mode with camera it scales photes to 10mega pixels! Stuff like that took me some time to figure out.... This is actually the second time me getting it I returned it after 3 days then decided to get it again because I realized I just had to do more research into it lol

Ian Bower

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Had mine for 2 weeks now and can concur with everything said, battery life is hitting 5hrs SoT and getting better, getting to grips with the camera ( turn off HDR, use AI) feels great in the hand (ladies) if you reduce the animations in developer options you approach pixel 2 level of speed, quad DAC is awesome and boom box speaker is surprisingly effective. Really glad I chose this over the one plus, only £70 more makes it a bit of a no brainer. Just played with my G6 before it goes and it feels so lumpy and slow in comparison.

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I agree with everything you wrote it as well. The only thing I may differ with his turning off the animations. My phone is super Snappy and making it anymore so at the expense of reducing features it's just not practical to me. But again that's just me. This really is an awesome phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc