Software toggle for audio to microusb to HDMI MHL Adapter ?

rjhpc7

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi,
Just wondering whether some HTC Sensation 4Gs have a problem with directing audio output to the microusb to HDMI MHL adapter, and whether it could be solved with a software toggle similar to the one previously written for the headset toggle.

After I bought my HTC Sensation 4G, I also bought a Menotek microusb to HDMI MHL adapter to view video on my Samsung HDTV. To make a long story short, I see the video, but there is no consistent sound (one time, but never again). On the other hand, sound IS directed to the headset. So, I could view the video and get sound from the 3.5 mm jack. But, that seems like a kluge, after spending the money on an adapter that should transmit both video and sound. It seems likely that there is an automatic toggle that is mis-directing audio to the wrong output.

Which brings me back to my question: Can the audio output be directed by a widget to the three possible outputs: (1) built-in speakers, (2) headset (via 3.5 mm jack), (3) HDTV (via the microusb HDMI MHL adapter). Am I totally off in thinking this might work?

Thanks
Bob

Neimallah

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I too want this. I don't have issues with the audio during videos, but I'd love to be able to have the audio come out of the tv for skype video chats, playing music, and more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvagmailaccounts