[SOLVED] Driver Installation

xyz247

May 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm attempting to install a driver provided by the Android SDK. When I'm in Device Manager, I left click on my LG Optimus 5 device (which has a yellow exclamation mark next to it, I presume because there is no driver) and chose "Update Driver Software". I then select "Browse my computer for driver software". I fill in the location of my usb_driver folder, which is C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\extras\google\usb_driver and have "Include subfolders" checked. I have also tried navigating directly to both the i386 (32 bit) and AMD64 (64 bit) folders, to no avail. This is the message I recieve:

2u4iwj7.png

(http://i46.tinypic.com/2u4iwj7.png)

Additionally, the "search automatically for updates" option also fails (go figure) with the same error. The phone is connected with USB Debugging enabled. I'm using Windows 7 64 bit. I have already tried uninstalling the driver via the SDK manager then reinstalling it, restarting and attempting to configure it with Windows.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FIXED

I managed to fix the error by installing the drivers I found at lg-phones.net (LG Optimus V Driver Download - LG Cell Phones Blog)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rigby