[Solved]Text Tone for Specific Contact Won't Change

tnorris101510

Aug 25, 2022
Visit site
I have been trying to change the notification sound that plays when my husband texts me for months now. in his contact, it shows that the new sound is selected and saved but when he actually texts me, the old sound still plays. I have completely deleted his contact from both my phone and Google account and then started a new one but that did not fix it. can anyone give me some tips to try to fix this? IT IS DRIVING ME INSANE! by the way, i have a LG stylo 6.

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Notification Sound for Specific Contact Won't Change

Welcome to Android Central! Which messaging app? Go to Settings>Apps​, select the messaging app, then Notifications. Do you see options for individual conversation threads there?

tnorris101510

Aug 25, 2022
Visit site
Re: Notification Sound for Specific Contact Won't Change

oh my goodness... thank you SO much! that was the fix! i had no idea that he had his own little setting under the notifications that was still set to the old tone. you have no idea how much that was getting under my skin. it is so rare that i am unable to fix something on my phone so it pained me that i had to reach out for help. but i am so glad i did! thank you so much!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa