Some Good Info for you guys..and gals!!

Aspdmouse

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Honestly I think Verizon is doing the right thing by not giving false information. Listen, we can all be mad that the phone is not coming out this week or next but from the very beginning Verizon said MARCH, not February so me they don't have to say anything. They still have a whole month to meet their deadline. If they lose customers in the process, so be it. Look at how many will come back when the phone is released and performs as good as we all hope it does.

Let me be very clear on this..
I'm not saying Verizon needs to come out and make things up to get people to calm down. What I'm saying is Verizon needs to realize the panic and chaos of the public and make a statement to the public in regards to there efforts to the thunderbolt or a release date they have in mind. Because as long as they sit back people will will continue to make this a bigger issue then it really is and even more people will become angry and ultimately they can say goodbye to business for that simple fact. And one other thing people wont be coming back once they sign a 2 year contract with AT&T or anyone else for that matter or at least wont be returning for 2 years but by then who knows what will be out. it all adds to Verizon losing money... GG Verizon..

Seminoles fan

Banned
Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
this really sucks for me because my contract is up tomorrow so now Im starting to think about jumping ship n looking at what the competition has.
I am in the same boat, I even looked at at&t and Sprint tonight I was so mad. But I really don't want to make a decision out of anger or bad information. The phone will be out in the next 30 days for sure, probably more like 15. I am sure it will be a great phone but I am kinda testing the waters with other carriers myself and I have been with Verizon along time now. I even looked at the new at&t 4G phone that came out today and honestly wasn't that impressed. Sprint has some nice stuff though, and their speeds were pretty impressive from what they showed me.

Seminoles fan

Banned
Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Maybe they don't have a date to give!! Who knows? I mean, they said by the end of March, it's not even March yet. They didn't create this media nightmare, Bestbuy did that. Verizon hasn't said a word. They never said anything about the IPhone either until it was time for it to be released and then they gave you a date that the phone would be available for preorder and everything was fine. I don't see this being any different. Maybe they don't know how long it will take for HTC to correct the problem. At this point its all speculation. That's honestly why if I was the CEO of Verizon I would not say a work or give a date until I knew for sure I could deliver because once they do they better be ready to start shipping or its their ass!!
Let me be very clear on this..
I'm not saying Verizon needs to come out and make things up to get people to calm down. What I'm saying is Verizon needs to realize the panic and chaos of the public and make a statement to the public in regards to there efforts to the thunderbolt or a release date they have in mind. Because as long as they sit back people will will continue to make this a bigger issue then it really is and even more people will become angry and ultimately they can say goodbye to business for that simple fact. And one other thing people wont be coming back once they sign a 2 year contract with AT&T or anyone else for that matter or at least wont be returning for 2 years but by then who knows what will be out. it all adds to Verizon losing money... GG Verizon..

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
this really sucks for me because my contract is up tomorrow so now Im starting to think about jumping ship n looking at what the competition has.

What the competition has is a bit inferior network compared to the Big Red. That is why Verizon can afford to be so arrogant.

Having said that, everyone is free to make a decision .... go another carrier or stay with Verizon. There is nothing WRONG or RIGHT in that. Whatever works for you, it is RIGHT for you. Each individual's needs and expectations are unique.

I choose to stay with Verizon despite all my whining because I have never had a dropped call with VZW (though there has recently been reports of a whole lot of 911 calls being dropped on VZW network during the snowstorm in Maryland) and I have never had an unpleasant experience with their reps (in-store, over-the-phone or on-line). On the other hand, I intensely dislike their corporate decisions.

Aspdmouse

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Maybe they don't have a date to give!! Who knows? I mean, they said by the end of March, it's not even March yet. They didn't create this media nightmare, Bestbuy did that. Verizon hasn't said a word. They never said anything about the IPhone either until it was time for it to be released and then they gave you a date that the phone would be available for preorder and everything was fine. I don't see this being any different. Maybe they don't know how long it will take for HTC to correct the problem. At this point its all speculation. That's honestly why if I was the CEO of Verizon I would not say a work or give a date until I knew for sure I could deliver because once they do they better be ready to start shipping or its their ass!!

Seminoles,

I am forever a Verizon Fanatic. Thats why this is so hard for me to watch though. Look this is a multi million dollar deal that is about to hit the fan. Believe me when I say this, Verizon knows when it will be available its there money on the line. Or B Verizon can find out about when it will be available this isn't HTC's first rodeo man.

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
yea its verizon's service that has me kinda chained atm, but the high prices really getting to me. Tmo is looking great with their low price plan but the service is spotty, At&t's pricing is slightly cheaper than verizon but no 4g yet and there is a data cap and Sprint is not even an option for me. I really don't know what to do they all are bad in there own way. For now I'm staying with verizon off contract but i'll be paying more attention to news and releases for the other carriers

Aspdmouse

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
yea its verizon's service that has me kinda chained atm, but the high prices really getting to me. Tmo is looking great with their low price plan but the service is spotty, At&t's pricing is slightly cheaper than verizon but no 4g yet and there is a data cap and Sprint is not even an option for me. I really don't know what to do they all are bad in there own way. For now I'm staying with verizon off contract but i'll be paying more attention to news and releases for the other carriers

You have to pay a little more for better service bro. When you buy tires you don't buy the cheapest ones that are going to last a year. You buy the ones that have a 5 year warranty and are going to be safer for your family. Verizon charges a little more because they are a better service and can. You want cheap service go to t-Mobile or AT&T..

Seminoles fan

Banned
Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I honestly don't know. I work for Garmin here in Kansas City and we are a very large company also. Not as big as Verizon but very large. We do 99% of our programming in house but we outsource alot of our hardware and sometimes we get stuck in situations like these. The hardware and software don't play well together and either us or the vendor has to make changes. We always meet our deadlines but sometimes exact dates are just not possible, estimates yes, but exact dates no. That's why I am saying from a business stand point, what Verizon is doing is in MY opinion the right thing to do. Just sit back and let things play out, its not time to get worried yet. They have plenty of time to meet their deadlines. I have worked on software for a particular unit up until 3 days before it was set to be released. And for us, that is cutting it close, everything had to be overnighted but we made it but on that project we honestly could not have gave you an exact date. We just knew we had contracts with companies that had to be filled by lets say the 15th and the 13th I was still fixing software problems. So honestly you really don't know what's going on with Verizon and HTC at this point. I can gaurantee you that Verizon will make its March deadline, anything before that is a bonus really. Its the way the business works and sometimes companies like bestbuy doing what they are doing makes Verizon and has made us look bad because of this exact same thing. We had a contract with a unit and they started preselling it 6 weeks before we had said it would be delivered by. It made us look terrible and it was made clear after that by my CEO and Best buy's CEO that they would never presale one of our products again without our permission or we would quit doing business with them. I think that is exactly what is happening here.
Seminoles,

I am forever a Verizon Fanatic. Thats why this is so hard for me to watch though. Look this is a multi million dollar deal that is about to hit the fan. Believe me when I say this, Verizon knows when it will be available its there money on the line. Or B Verizon can find out about when it will be available this isn't HTC's first rodeo man.

mlpjunior

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
You have to pay a little more for better service bro. When you buy tires you don't buy the cheapest ones that are going to last a year. You buy the ones that have a 5 year warranty and are going to be safer for your family. Verizon charges a little more because they are a better service and can. You want cheap service go to t-Mobile or AT&T..

Depends what you're looking for, I guess. Call reliability? Go with Verizon. 3G data speeds? AT&T is faster most places (places where you can get 3G coverage, that is).

Big Red and Big Blue are priced very similarly, though. Among the Big 4 in the U.S., you have to look beyond the top two, towards T-Mobile or Sprint to see any significant price differentiation.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Depends what you're looking for, I guess. Call reliability? Go with Verizon. 3G data speeds? AT&T is faster most places (places where you can get 3G coverage, that is).

Big Red and Big Blue are priced very similarly, though. Among the Big 4 in the U.S., you have to look beyond the top two, towards T-Mobile or Sprint to see any significant price differentiation.

True. If you need great coverage and live in a big city (or near one) T-mobile is the best value/service ratio out there. For $80 a month you get nearly unlimited data, generally 5 up/1 down, and free tethering on devices like the MT4G. If you're covered, you cannot beat this.

If you want reliability and great coverage almost anywhere (plus adequate data speeds), Verizon does the job. Their coverage is pretty consistent too; no massive drop in data speeds when you go into certain areas.

AT&T is good in some places, horrible in others. It really just depends on the area. If your area is highly populated, it tends to not be that great. (especially if its a wealthier area with a lot of smart phones) Most especially with AT&T, you'll need to try out their service for yourself.

Sprint is very reliable, especially in rural areas. Their speeds are acceptable, and their price is reasonable. But you'll sacrifice a good selection of devices for that price. If you don't have to have the most bombastic device, Sprint should do the job.

FatalErrorz

Banned
Jan 12, 2011
Visit site

Both Sprint and T-Mobile have 4G...and have HAD 4G for most of last year while Verizon can't even put out a 4G phone apparently; and when it does, it doesn't have a 4G network.

It all boils down to "I have 4G. Do you?" and "I pay 80.00 a month for unlimited EVERYTHING including Nav. Can you?"

Sure, Sprint may switch to LTE in the future, but they're waiting for Verizon to work through the headaches first since they are the first to try it on a scale as large as the United States. In the meantime, we have 4G WiMAX that works quite well, albeit with heavier battery usage. someday VZW customers will see what it's like to have a battery drain really fast.

FatalErrorz

Banned
Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Sprint is very reliable, especially in rural areas. Their speeds are acceptable, and their price is reasonable. But you'll sacrifice a good selection of devices for that price. If you don't have to have the most bombastic device, Sprint should do the job.

VZW STILL doesn't have anything that can touch the Evo, and it's been out for almost a year. Don't say T-Bolt...they're still jacking around with it, and by the time it gets released we may have the Evo 3 or 4 out.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
VZW STILL doesn't have anything that can touch the Evo, and it's been out for almost a year. Don't say T-Bolt...they're still jacking around with it, and by the time it gets released we may have the Evo 3 or 4 out.

The Droid X is as good as the Evo, minus the 4G. Considering how many Evo owners don't use 4G because of the battery drain, they're about the same.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aitana135332