Some Good Info for you guys..and gals!!

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Both Sprint and T-Mobile have 4G...and have HAD 4G for most of last year while Verizon can't even put out a 4G phone apparently; and when it does, it doesn't have a 4G network.

It all boils down to "I have 4G. Do you?" and "I pay 80.00 a month for unlimited EVERYTHING including Nav. Can you?"

Sure, Sprint may switch to LTE in the future, but they're waiting for Verizon to work through the headaches first since they are the first to try it on a scale as large as the United States. In the meantime, we have 4G WiMAX that works quite well, albeit with heavier battery usage. someday VZW customers will see what it's like to have a battery drain really fast.

T-mobile's 4G isn't 4G. Its an evolution of technology that already existed. The only reason they did it was because they couldn't afford an LTE rollout. Sprint's 4G provides speeds that don't remotely qualify as 4G in most areas. WiMax is a dead technology, and everyone knows it. Why do you think Sprint hasn't made any effort to boost speeds?

I'm not quite sure why you're ragging on Verizon here. They went from a first data call in August 2009 to a fully-functioning 4G network in 2010. Thats less than 18 months. That they were able to do it that fast AND have phones in the pipeline to take advantage of it is nothing short of a miracle. I mean, you're talking about a NEW technology on a scale that no one has attempted. When Verizon started building their network the final spec and standard wasn't even APPROVED yet. They couldn't have started building out a network any sooner even if they wanted to.

mlpjunior

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
and by the time it gets released we may have the Evo 3 or 4 out.

Sounds like trolling to me, but ok. I'm not someone who feels the compulsive need to defend whatever carrier I'm on.

I've been on Verizon forever, and I definitely have speed envy. In fact, I have such a lack of faith in my 3G data speeds that when I see someone link to a youtube video, I almost never try to play it for fear of waiting 30 seconds for the dang thing to buffer.

That said, these last 9 months have been a rare period where the competition has had a definitive advantage in infrastructure (albeit only in terms of speed, not coverage). The good news for Verizon customers is that their 4G network will have clear-cut superiority in throughput and latency for the next 24-36 months, if not longer.

blizz419

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I didn't mean by my title that it was good news, It was more of a good information title, sorry to mislead anyone. And another thing that we discussed and what is getting everyone on here so mad is the dates and that is what I told him. That is what irritating the hell out of me was the date being pushed back and he came back and turned his computer around and honestly said,"when have we ever released a date for this product"?. He said, Verizon has never once mentioned a date, people are getting information from best buy and other places and not the one place where the information would come from. At that point, what else can you say but I guess you got me there. He said, when the phone is ready, you will get a date, until then just wait or get something else. He stressed to me that Verizon has nothing to do with this delay, its a HTC problem and Verizon will not release their first 4G phone and the phone that will be the heart of their new network until its completely ready. I said ok and pretty much left it at that. What else can you say? Or honestly how can you be mad? Verizon never did give anyone a date, they said by the end of march and that was it. Best buy is the one giving dates so to me its Best buy that should be getting ripped. I know I will for sure go and get my deposit back and just wait for Verizon, at this point I am tired of Best buy telling me what I want to hear just to get my money. At least this guy was honest and pretty damn straight forward.
You do realize alot of this info you recieved from this rep you cannot intelligently just take as fact he is just a VZW rep and to be honest he knows nothing more than us, the whole problem being a HTC problem not Verizon he no way knows for sure someone told him and not from a official source and state he knows for a fact it will not be released in 14 days

tucker_dahlin

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Verizon said 1st quarter. It is ridiculous to assume that what they meant by that is the last day in March, and they had no intention of taking that long. If they promised a device by "next year" then one would be an idiot to tell someone not to expect anything before Dec 31... We are 2/3 into Q1 so we have time left to wait that is reasonable, but we absolutely should not have to "expect" no earlier than end of march just bc they said Q1.

thedeceiver

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
T-mobile's 4G isn't 4G. Its an evolution of technology that already existed. The only reason they did it was because they couldn't afford an LTE rollout. Sprint's 4G provides speeds that don't remotely qualify as 4G in most areas. WiMax is a dead technology, and everyone knows it. Why do you think Sprint hasn't made any effort to boost speeds?

I'm not quite sure why you're ragging on Verizon here. They went from a first data call in August 2009 to a fully-functioning 4G network in 2010. Thats less than 18 months. That they were able to do it that fast AND have phones in the pipeline to take advantage of it is nothing short of a miracle. I mean, you're talking about a NEW technology on a scale that no one has attempted. When Verizon started building their network the final spec and standard wasn't even APPROVED yet. They couldn't have started building out a network any sooner even if they wanted to.

Hate to break it to you but the current implementation of LTE isn't 4G either.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Effenhimer

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Is it just me or does the OP sound like those guys on Reno 911 who always come in and sell the force crappy insurance, or time share... And ALWAYS throw a guy in uniform in with them to be like, "Hey, I didn't really want good medical coverage like all those stuck up rich people ANYWAY!!"

Maybe its just me, but I get that vibe for some reason...

ncbryan

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
The way I see it is if in fact VZW is having some issues with their network or the phone itself, they are NOT going publicly announce a problem. The mobile phone industry is just too competitive and it would be FAR worse for any carrier to publicly announce a problem with a network or with a device.

Reactions: rmontez

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
It's getting *really* depressing to come here these days ... my Storm continues to act up a little more each day ... after day ... after day.

QuikSilver39

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
It's getting *really* depressing to come here these days ... my Storm continues to act up a little more each day ... after day ... after day.

As does mine...I have old skool, original storm. I get new errors EVERY day. Waiting eagerly for the Thunderbolt :-!

Last edited:

chronic illusionz

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
My contract with AT&T is up on the 25th. I "borrowed" a Dinc hoping the Thunderbolt would be out in time. So basically I'm not going to have a phone til March.

Seminoles fan

Banned
Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to upset anyone by my post, I was just stating what I was shown in the Verizon computer system. It's also linked into the entire Verizon database so I am pretty confident about what the gentleman told me and showed me. I am like everyone else hoping it comes out by the 28th but do you really think they would just drop this phone with no sort of preordering or email notices or anything for that matter? All we have seen is a few commercials, that's it. I have came to grips that his mid March estimate is probably pretty accurate at this point.

kil187

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
The way I see it is if in fact VZW is having some issues with their network or the phone itself, they are NOT going publicly announce a problem. The mobile phone industry is just too competitive and it would be FAR worse for any carrier to publicly announce a problem with a network or with a device.

I thought Verizon had their LTE up and running in select cities already?

lazymac

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site

Look at it this way. At least you're not waiting for the Storm 3 or touch Bold coming in Q3 + n months....

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Seminoles,

I am forever a Verizon Fanatic. Thats why this is so hard for me to watch though. Look this is a multi million dollar deal that is about to hit the fan. Believe me when I say this, Verizon knows when it will be available its there money on the line. Or B Verizon can find out about when it will be available this isn't HTC's first rodeo man.

If it's truly an HTC issue and not a Verizon issue, Verizon still isn't going to want to come out and publicly humiliate HTC by saying that they are waiting on them because then that puts a rift between the 2 companies. Verizon didn't give a specific date to the public so there is no reason to put their partnership or their reputation in jeopardy by coming out with a public statement.

Quite frankly I'm still surprised at the impatience. The phone was announced at CES, it has yet to even be 2 months since being announced and people are freaking out. The first or even the second week in March will just put it at 2 months from announcement to launch. That's not bad if you ask me.

Last edited:

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I thought Verizon had their LTE up and running in select cities already?

It's been up and running for things like USB Data sticks on laptops, but I'm still not sure about phones. Since there are no 4G phones out on Verizon yet, it's entirely possible they're having some unexpected issues.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe