Some times people cant hear me during long phonecall

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hello
I have a Galaxy A3, and my phone has a perculiar problem

When i have spoken in more than 6 minuttes, somtimes people say that they cant hear me. Only when i use head set there is never a problem.

I have reinstalled the system. I have swiched sim card. I have allso run the phone in safe mode and here the error still appears.
I went to the repair shop and got at complete hardware test showing no errors. They allso did a completet deletion of the phone and installed new system software.

Non of this has helped.

Are there more things i can try to get rid of this bug.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Is this regular calls using mobile network or is it using WiFi calling? Is it in a certain location or in any location? What carrier do you have? Did you get the phone from your carrier? If you got it elsewhere, what exactly is the baseband version?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Since it's happening in Safe Mode and after a full factory reset, I would suspect either a hardware issue with the primary phone mic, or a firmware bug. Does this happen on speakerphone as well?

Fileto

Aug 14, 2019
Visit site
It never happens when I use head set. And it only happens when I call out, never when some one calls me.
The hardware has ben tested twice in two diferent reapair places. And in both places the test showed no error.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What about speakerphone? If it never happens on speakerphone, then we can pinpoint the primary mic as the problem, since speakerphone uses the secondary mic at the top of the phone.

Fileto

Aug 14, 2019
Visit site
It only never happens with head set. If you by speakerphone mean hands free so the voice can be heard by anyone, this error also happens here.
Bu I totaly agree that it must be the primary mic, because head sets works fine. My problem is thoug that when the repair shop test it and says no error neither Samsung or the phone shop where i bougth it wil pay for a new mainboard witch should fix the problem. So I gues i have to use the head set optiion when i speak important conversations and then stik to the phone until i eventually replace it.
Thank you all for your input.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Since it also happens on speakerphone, then it may be more of a problem with the phone's firmware or motherboard, since speakerphone uses a different mic than the primary one.