Someone PLEASE convince me to get this phone

HiMynameisMattyK

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
I have always been an iPhone user and I finally bored of what Apple is doing. I'm definitely going android but not sure what I want. I'm one of those people that read a ton of reviews before fishing out money on tech. I just went to play with the Note 3 at the AT&T store and I loves the UI. Here is where a red flag went up. I played Fruit Ninja and a racing game and there was SERIOUS lag. Not only did it lay every 3 seconds while playing those two games, the graphics were awful. I was not impressed at all. These wouldn't be so much of a big deal to me because I don't game on my phone but I am concerned that the lag shows up in other apps as well. This phone has a great processor from what I've read so it has no reason to lag like that at all. I want a big phone because I browse the internet a lot and like to read in big fine print. I have gotten caught up with the announcement coming up for the HTC One Max so I'm very intrigued. Someone please sell me.

Joker8891

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed significant lag in my Verizon version when just playing Angry Birds Star Wars edition. It's pretty surprising that such a beastly machine would lag but alas, it does. For some reason, even after clearing the RAM, it still says it's using over a gig?! Not sure what that is all about.

However, I did not buy this phone for gaming. I bought it as a hybrid between a tablet and a phone- which it succeeds at quite well. I'm loving the screen real estate and customization. I'm able to store files on it like a flash drive and read PDFs with ease. I'm coming from the iPhone 4S (2+ years on iOS).

jtb79

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I just got mine literally an hour ago. Like you I research relentlessly before pulling the trigger. Spent many nights the last few weeks reading this forum alone. I had an iPhone 5 and the biggest issue to me was size. It is big but honestly feels great. I've experienced no lag so far whatsoever. Like someone told me in a post, just do it. You won't be disappointed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

rajnet

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Don't even thing about it. I have had 0 lag on gaming. Was an Apple fan boy till July and got completely bored. Just recently switched from S 4 which I thought was the best thing that happened to me in recent times then moved on to Note 3 and simply cannot believe how incredible this device is. Every day I discover something new. Now I am looking forward to saving up. and getting the galaxy gear. So just go for it.

Posted via Android Central App

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
One of the nice things about Android is the variety. So don't get to hung up on one phone unless it has functionality you can't get elsewhere. The big thing with the note is the s-pen. People tend to either love or hate the Samsung Touchwise UI.

When it comes to the demo in the store, just remember you have no idea what others have done to it. My note 3 is fast and hardley ever lags. Not sure about your concern about the games you viewed. Fruit ninja to me is not a game I would use to judge a phones graphic ability. Try need for speed. That looks great.

What had really sold me is the KNOX feature. Using that to have my work stud but keep it isolated is awesome and no one else is doing it.

AgentScribe

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I don't game but watch videos via netflix, YouTube and hulu and no lag. Google Docs, social media, etc......no lag.

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I have always been an iPhone user and I finally bored of what Apple is doing. I'm definitely going android but not sure what I want. I'm one of those people that read a ton of reviews before fishing out money on tech. I just went to play with the Note 3 at the AT&T store and I loves the UI. Here is where a red flag went up. I played Fruit Ninja and a racing game and there was SERIOUS lag. Not only did it lay every 3 seconds while playing those two games, the graphics were awful. I was not impressed at all. These wouldn't be so much of a big deal to me because I don't game on my phone but I am concerned that the lag shows up in other apps as well. This phone has a great processor from what I've read so it has no reason to lag like that at all. I want a big phone because I browse the internet a lot and like to read in big fine print. I have gotten caught up with the announcement coming up for the HTC One Max so I'm very intrigued. Someone please sell me.

haven't experienced any lag with my note 3.....i had previously a note 2 and it worked flawlessly, but the new s pen functions are what sold me on the note 3. i love them and even after just a couple of days have used them alot.

HiMynameisMattyK

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
One of the nice things about Android is the variety. So don't get to hung up on one phone unless it has functionality you can't get elsewhere. The big thing with the note is the s-pen. People tend to either love or hate the Samsung Touchwise UI.

When it comes to the demo in the store, just remember you have no idea what others have done to it. My note 3 is fast and hardley ever lags. Not sure about your concern about the games you viewed. Fruit ninja to me is not a game I would use to judge a phones graphic ability. Try need for speed. That looks great.

What had really sold me is the KNOX feature. Using that to have my work stud but keep it isolated is awesome and no one else is doing it.

I played a racing game similar to Need For Speed. It lagged every 3 seconds and it was very obvious. I'll take it that it's because it's a store model but you would think that the games would be upgraded in HD. Everything else on the phone is extremely crisp and I love it. I may just take leap after reading everyone's responses. Thanks all!

Lekoq Grande

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
my note 3 on sprint is amazing..i've had all htc phones and they don't compare at all...but the htc one max looks good because at times i do miss my htc one as well, but hey that just me and congrats leaving iphone!!

climb

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Hmmmmm......well........my experience in the last 48 hours.....super fast silky smooth processor with games, multi-tasking, and everything else.........the screen......well...GOOD GOLLY MISS MOLLY......the software........surprising functionality with the S pen options......camera.......as good as my HTC DNA......even in low light.......battery.....big and long to drain......I have never had any gadget charge so quickly.....that's all I have for you at the moment. .....I have to get back to my fabulous N 3 😎😎

honey_bee_33

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I experienced a few things but none that would led me into returning my precious.

1. When on wifi calling, the other end always complain that I sound like a robot. This happened during every call on wifi.

2. Yesterday I experienced some type of crash on my phone, so I shut it off and did a battery pull. No more problems afterwards.

I haven't experience any lag whatsoever and just over love my phone.

i love my note 3 until 4 comes along now Free

FanOfAnything

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site

To me the only thing that killed it for me was that they boasted the 13mp camera it was good and All but the ratio is too small . . . So I'm stuck using 9.6mp camera . . . Idk about you but it's a kill off for me

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I was looking at the HTC One as well, although I can say that HTC's track record with me was beginning to irritate me. Even though the HTC One has some very nice speakers, what ultimately drove me to the Note 3 is that it has a micro SD slot and a removable battery (both things that the iPhone also lacks).

AuburnGrad

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site

I love it. But like you did lots of research. I have covered the basis on phones, other than the windows phone. I had a Blackberry back in the day, and then a Moto Droid. I went to the iPhone 4s, after my wife got the 4, and there really was nothing else out there in the Droid space that I felt was worth the money. I am on Verizon, so never had any of the Google Droid phones to go with.

I enjoyed the iPhone, and it was very straight forward. First time with a touch keyboard. It would force shut down an app, or crash from time to time, but nothing to complain about. My wife and I were both on roughly the same upgrade cycle. I was really thinking about getting the Galaxy S4, but knew that it was not the most effective upgrade, since it was out for roughly 8-10 months already. Apple is pretty easy to perdict when the new stuff comes out, so we were waiting on the new iPhone for my wife(she has to have iPhones for work)

When this was announced, I knew I had to have it. I had heard lots of good reviews, and positive experiences on the N2. I knew I wanted a bigger screen, and had been pleased with Droid in the past. After playing with the N2, and knowing that the size was not too big to carry around, I started watching the leaked rumors for specs. They were close enough for me, and Apple was not making enough leaps(sand bagging to always have a new phone each year). 64bit is great, and I have been running my desktop like that for some time. But, just don't see the point just yet in the smartphone game. Its just bragging point right now.

I have been pleased, the only thing that I wish is the cases were released with the phone. I have a screen protector and a coozie to provide some protection while my preordered case is on its way. The size is perfect, and allows lots to be done with it, and much more comfortable to read on, than the iPhone was. Be it websites, new, emails. I normally have a Kindle Fire HD, for movies, magazines, ect. I got off this weekend without it, and enjoyed the N3 for those needs.

I love the battery life so far. That was one thing that I wanted to get a Droid for. My iPhone could not hold a charge for the whole day, it would either have to go on a charger in the afternoon, or evening when I got home from work. I plan on getting the spare battery kit, and keeping that with me. And the ease of changing SD cards and up to an additional 64 gigs is great.

I don't find that the phone is too large. Granted I am 6'3" and can palm a basketball. To give you an idea of size in my hand. I can do most things if I had to one handed on the phone. Though two is faster in terms of texting, and some other tasks. I also enjoy the S-pen, though I am still learning what all it can be used for. I have not used my hands free earbuds yet, but don't see that being an issue. I also find that the voice recognition is better than Siri was for me.

Let me know if you have any other questions, I really think you would like this phone, and would be a great jump from iOs.

Ignore the Demo phone issues, like others have said. I find that those phones always get buggy, versus when you get your new phone, and are in control of it.

ttexxan

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I just downloaded fruit ninja to see if I would experience lag..no lag in my game so not quite sure what you are seeing

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky