Soon to be HTC Desire owner

SeeK

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I really don't understand how everybody manages to kill the battery in a few hours. Sure, it is very doable if you keep the phone active all the time, but after tweaking a few settings and managing things like BT, GPS and updates, and using WiFi whenever possible, I've found that my phone easily lasts through a day and then some. Like I said before, excessive data traffic, gaming and use of the GPS are the three things that'll kill your battery in no time. These phones aren't really designed as a laptop substitute; they're simply a more advanced way of staying in touch and getting stuff done while on the go.

MRWOLF6969

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Well I can tell you how I kill it. It is the fact I can do sooo much more on Android than on BB. I find i'm surfing websites more and just can't put this thing down. So the battery life is my own fault but that will be fixed with the 3500ma battery that will be on order shortly.

SeeK

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Well I can tell you how I kill it. It is the fact I can do sooo much more on Android than on BB. I find i'm surfing websites more and just can't put this thing down. So the battery life is my own fault but that will be fixed with the 3500ma battery that will be on order shortly.
That'll give you one fat phone. But yeah, it is a solution I guess. I've found that, while browsing for extended periods of time, just turning the brightness down one step (not always an option while outside though) and turning off automatic updates helps a lot. But yeah, some new battery technology wouldn't go amiss in this industry.

MRWOLF6969

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Yep turned the brightness down less than 1/4, set e-mail to every 2 hrs and not using a animated screen. I know once the newness wares off it will get better. Still going to get the 3200 ma batt as I can use the bump in time and I am used to a phone with more bulk.

SeeK

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Yep turned the brightness down less than 1/4, set e-mail to every 2 hrs and not using a animated screen. I know once the newness wares off it will get better. Still going to get the 3200 ma batt as I can use the bump in time and I am used to a phone with more bulk.
Mmyeah, it does make a huge difference when you stop fiddling with it all the time. :p If you don't mind a bigger phone though, I'm sure that battery'll be a pretty nice improvement. It's strange that they usually don't improve things as much as the numbers want us to think, though.

sookster54

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
My Motorolas' battery has been very good and usually after 12 hours it's between 65-70%, but the Desire's battery has been a tad inconsistent, some days it can drop to 50% from full after 4 hours and other days it'll be 70% after 12 hours, I dunno wtf that's about. But my Blackberries has huge battery issues (supposed to be the king of battery use), my Pearl Flip can barely last 6 hours with its flimsy 850mAh cell because of the weak antenna it has which causes it to constantly search for signals but my Curve lasts a bit longer than that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SCaneCa