soon to be RAZR Maxx owner

4xxblessed

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
you must have your screen brightness all the way off and gps/bluetooth/background sync/data off most of the time.

today i took my phone off charge at 7:00 am, and right now at 4:50 PM i have 60% battery left. so i used 40% in ten hours. if i left it on till morning, i would guess that it would be around 10% left.

i do however have gps/bluetooth/wifi/4g and all data etc turned on while using automatic screen brightness setting.

Screen brightness is on automatic. All GPS services are on. Bluetooth is definitely off, I don't use that often. Background/sync is enabled.

I have been unplugged since 6:30am and am now at 75% battery left. Without use overnight, I don't find it drains too much.

Maybe I'm getting better than usual battery life with this, which is a nice switch because with my Thunderbolt, I had the big honkin' battery that people were telling me lasted them all day and then some, when mine only lasted from 6:30am to about 5pm before being completely dead!

4xxblessed

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
you must have your screen brightness all the way off and gps/bluetooth/background sync/data off most of the time.

today i took my phone off charge at 7:00 am, and right now at 4:50 PM i have 60% battery left. so i used 40% in ten hours. if i left it on till morning, i would guess that it would be around 10% left.

i do however have gps/bluetooth/wifi/4g and all data etc turned on while using automatic screen brightness setting.

I should add I'm in a pretty solid 4G area. I don't know if the back and forth scanning from 3G to 4G causes excess battery drain? If so that could be why I'm doing so well with my battery????

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I saw the UPS man today and almost had a heart attack as he walked toward my house. I wasn't expecting the phones until Friday. I wondered if VZW had upgraded my shipping. I opened the door and awaited my fate. It turned out it was a package of shirts my sister ordered. VZW didnt upgrade my shipping and I will have to wait until Friday. Doh!

4xxblessed

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I saw the UPS man today and almost had a heart attack as he walked toward my house. I wasn't expecting the phones until Friday. I wondered if VZW had upgraded my shipping. I opened the door and awaited my fate. It turned out it was a package of shirts my sister ordered. VZW didnt upgrade my shipping and I will have to wait until Friday. Doh!

Ouch! VZW told me mine would be here last Thurs. (2-day shipping) and it arrived on Wed. I was pretty happy... This from a girl who once ran after the FedEx truck, in my jammies, barefoot in the snow, as he drove off with my MacBook Pro. (I caught him).

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Ouch! VZW told me mine would be here last Thurs. (2-day shipping) and it arrived on Wed. I was pretty happy... This from a girl who once ran after the FedEx truck, in my jammies, barefoot in the snow, as he drove off with my MacBook Pro. (I caught him).

I admire your dedication! :)

I always write a note to the FedEX driver and post it on my front door when I'm expecting a delivery that requires shipping. I date it, mention the sender (such as Verizon), print my name, and sign the note. I'm always home to receive it, but sometimes these FedEX drivers leave as soon as they ring the bell. The note is accepted as proof of signature so it works out well. :)

Reactions: 4xxblessed

elvis692

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Came to the maxx from the tbolt as well (also had the rezound in between). The maxx just has a better feel of quality all around from the quickness of menus to the general feel of thephone. The battery is no contest even when i had the seidio 3300 battery for my tbolt. All the subtle differences you can just customize it to be whatever you want anyway like the dailer and calendar which i believe were better from stock on the htc devices. Enjoy your new phone this weekend!!

acroyle

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I will be a RAZR Maxx owner as soon as March 15 gets here. That's when my upgrade is. I wish I could get it sooner. :(

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site

I'm kind of hoping mine would arrive one day sooner. Haha. I wouldn't hesitate to run after the fed ex truck either. :)

TheMiz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Family member ordered the Razr Maxx on Feb 15th was told she would have it by 7pm Friday night
that they use Fex Ex 2nd day, then today I find out they haven't shipped yet in fact they have been out of stock since sometime on the 14th .

Update: She just call and told me she received this email the Maxx has shipped today and not yesterday etc :
Ship date

Feb 16, 2012

Estimated delivery

Feb 20, 2012 by 4:30 PM

hs5964

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm finally getting myself a Maxx too. Ordered from Amazon for $229. FINALLY leaving T-Mobile, gitty up. I can't freaking wait, it shall be awesome. Too bad estimated delivery is between Feb 29-Mar 1 :(

asclarch

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
I just ordered a Maxx today from Wirefly for 229.00. Already shipped and delivery date is Feb 18. Switching from Optimus S on Sprint. I have been trying to decide on which phone for about a week.

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Family member ordered the Razr Maxx on Feb 15th was told she would have it by 7pm Friday night
that they use Fex Ex 2nd day, then today I find out they haven't shipped yet in fact they have been out of stock since sometime on the 14th .

Update: She just call and told me she received this email the Maxx has shipped today and not yesterday etc :
Ship date

Feb 16, 2012

Estimated delivery

Feb 20, 2012 by 4:30 PM

I checked the estimated delivery and it says 2-17-12 by 7 pm. I'm going to be watching like a hawk for the fed ex man!! I cannot sleep!!!

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm finally getting myself a Maxx too. Ordered from Amazon for $229. FINALLY leaving T-Mobile, gitty up. I can't freaking wait, it shall be awesome. Too bad estimated delivery is between Feb 29-Mar 1 :(

That is such a long time! Here's to hoping it'll come sooner rather than later. :)

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
My upgrade date was Feb 15th and on the 14th they refused to upgrade early.

I guess rules are rules. :-\

I thought it was pretty awesome last year when VZW sent me a letter in the mail telling me I could upgrade early in June 2011. My upgrade wasn't available until February 2012 and I had the Incredible. I was able to pay $50 cheaper so I went for the Thunderbolt and got it for $250, it was $300 at the time.

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
They arrived!!! :-D

IMAG0818-1.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MansiDaware